Senior ICA Technician
To maintain, repair, diagnose, modify and install Instrumentation systems (control, instruments, data collection monitoring and reporting) including flow , level, pressure, temperature and numerous bio/chemical parameters and to maintain , repair modify and install local and remote control systems including telemetry, radio, programmable logic controllers and computer based scada systems.
Responsible for mentoring ICA Technician and ICA Support Technicians ensuring they provide support and guidance to less experienced and qualified technicians
Accountable for high level complexities of jobs e.g. process fault where high level knowledge/skills are required for PLC investigation and repair
Accountabilities (6 - 10 single sentence statements)
* Accountable for routine maintenance / calibration of Instrumentation to ISO9001 (external accredition)standards to ensure reliability, and accuracy.
* Download SCADA data for the purpose of audit reporting to both the DWI and EA
* Provide high level of technical and practical assistance 24/7 including supporting and mentoring ICA Technician and ICA Suport Technicians when not on standby.
* Management of communication systems using a wide band of communication media including private wire, PSTN, GSM, Satellite, Radio,Ethernet, Profibus and OEM manufacturer bespoke systems.
* Ensuring scada system access and security precautions are maintained to CPNI national guidelines.
* Process control system fault diagnosing fault, cause and resolution
* Calibration of waste water equipment to external national standards such as HACCP and MCerts
* Electrical installation and maintenance practices to the latest legislative guidelines.
* Mentoring and coaching of ICA and ICA support technicians on technical matters.
* PLC and Scada system improvement modifications to produce cost beneficial process control improvements.
* Escalation point for complex fault resolution cases.
* Manage/Involvement with contractor projects directly related to MEICA - budget can be up to £100K.
* Actively seek technical and complex quotations including specifications for upgrades, repairs, procurement of new systems
* Responsibility for managing ordering process and budgetary impace for spares up to£500
* Ensure that correct budget spend is allocated to the correct budge
* Provide technical knowledge for the sites to allow contractors to design & build new works etc.
* Provide a high level of backup to all areas of the business - operators/electricians/fitters etc.
* Be Mentors for the apprentice scheme
Key skills/knowledge/qualifications/experience: 6 - 8 critical requirements of the job
* Instrumentation or Control recognised formal apprenticeship.
* HNC or higher in instrumentation and control or equivalent
* Significant experience post apprenticeship
* Maintenance practices within an externally audited quality control systems such as ISO9001.
* High level of complex fault analysis techniques including PLC/SCADA
* Wastewater and Water process understanding to assist with control system fault identification.
* Strong IT skills including legacy systems.
* Multiple Scada and PLC systems skills externally verified via training course or competency assessments
* Input into formal business technical groups for asset standards and procurement frameworks.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959527184