Technical Support Engineer (Fire Alarm)
Leading manufacturer of high specification fire alarm products / systems require an office / field based Technical Support Engineer.
The role involves:
- Providing product training for colleagues and customers in the UK, Europe and Worldwide
- Developing and delivering new (online) training material and training courses for new products
- Providing field support to our customers - mainly in the UK and Ireland
- Ensuring that all members of the technical support team are kept up to date with any site issues
- Providing telephone and email technical support to customers in our offices in Dartford, when not training or providing field support
- Providing regular reports to the Field Support Supervisor
A strong technical background in fire alarm solutions is seen as essential for this role.
The successful candidate will be from the fire industry and have hands-on experience on a complete range of systems, from small conventional fire panels through to large complex networked addressable systems.
Field fault finding skills will be essential.
A good understanding of EN54-2, EN54-4 and BS5839-1 will also be advantageous.
The successful candidate will need to have excellent communication and presentation skills and be confident in providing training courses to small groups of customers (typically up to 8 people)
The ability to deal with people with a wide range of technical skills and abilities will be essential, as well as good administrative skills, to book customers onto courses and to ensure that training certificates are promptly produced and issued. They will also need to arrange travel and accommodation for visits away from the office
They will also need to have good PowerPoint skills, to produce the foundation material for new courses.
As a field support role, there will be quite a bit of travel involved - by car and by air. A valid driving licence and passport are mandatory and overnight stays will be frequent.
Please send in your CV to this excellent and exciting opportunity.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959526775