Vehicle Systems Engineer
Vehicle Systems Engineer - Automotive
Based in Leyland
£26k - £30k depending on experience
This is an exciting new opportunity with a rapidly growing automotive business based in Lancashire. They specialise in the design, development and manufacture of special purpose equipment for the automotive industry, working with global businesses including Bentley, JLR and Rolls Royce.
Job title: Vehicle Systems Engineer (NVH)
To carry out and report high quality testing against customer requirements as a job owner within the Vehicle Systems division.
You will report to the Vehicle Systems Manager and will be responsible for the technical delivery of work against timing and budget requirements.
Roles and responsibilities
- Assist with the preparation of quotations and timing plans.
- Use CAD to design test rigs and fixtures.
- Plan and monitor test work, complete test log sheets, collate data and prepare test reports.
- Effective reporting of test issues and results.
- Ideally educated to degree level in a relevant discipline.
- Good knowledge of typical NVH test methods and data analysis techniques.
- Knowledge of instrumentation and measurement systems - LMS Test.Lab and m&p controllers would be an advantage.
- Some knowledge of structural testing and / or vehicle testing would also be advantageous as supporting work in these areas may be required.
- Ability to maintain good customer communications.
- Ability to work across teams throughout the business.
- High levels of attention to detail.
- Be willing to work outside normal working hours i.e. evening, weekend and night shifts if required.
- Be prepared to support "off site" testing activities in both the UK and abroad.
- Cooperate with the department manager, team leader, safety manager and safety representative to ensure that a safe working environment is maintained.
- Maintain a satisfactory level of housekeeping within the working environment.
- Adhere to safe working practices and completing safety risk reviews.
The culture of the business is very unique, it is the type of business where you walk through the doors and everyone smiles at you and wants to help. This is a very important appointment, our client has been very successful in building a pro-active, positive and "can do" environment, it is key that the right person has the same attributes.
If you would like more information on this position please call Emily Worthington on ************ or send an email
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959529637