NET Developer-(Back Office)
This is an exciting time for a .NET Developer to join an in house development team with a leading investment firm based in the City. The .NET Developer will be working within the Financial Services Markets in Front/Middle and Back off in house built applications.
- Develops and documents a plan of action, codes programs, prepares test data and performs testing/debugging activities with limited guidance from management.
- Performs development, testing, and implementation of application code.
- Participates in the entire lifecycle of software development including requirements definition, architecture and development specifications, coding, quality assurance testing, deployment, documentation and support.
- Works as member of a development team to implement programming methodologies, standards, and procedures, and will be responsible for gathering requirements from end users in multiple business units.
- Assist with the mentoring of the Jnr members of the team and prioritization of task (project related and day to day support issues)
- Determines solutions to complex systems issues.
- Delivers quality code within scope and on time.
- Collaborates with other developers and business analysts effectively.
- This list of responsibilities may not be all-inclusive and can be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as needed.
- Knowledge and Experience
- Expert level C# (including WCF and WinForms)
- Strong SQL and stored procedure development skills
- Strong object oriented development skills
- Unit testing and integration testing approaches
- Experience of working within a team of developers
- Business focus with a desire to understand the business.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to disseminate and collate the relevant information.
- Good time management skills both individually and in relation to co-ordinating other members of the team.
- Able to act calmly and professionally under pressure, whilst working through complex issues to find solutions in a structured and timely manner.
- FIX experience, in particular using QuickFIX/n
- XML experience including schemas and transforms
- TFS for work item management, source control and continuous integration
- SQL Server 2014 administration and troubleshooting, SSIS jobs and SSRS.
- IIS and windows server administration
- Business knowledge of futures (especially LME), options and other exchange traded derivatives
- Experience of regulatory reporting (e.g. MIFID, EMIR)
- Excellent benefits on offer
- £55,000- £70,000
- +20% Bonus
- +Training allowance
- +25 days holidays#
- Heath care, Gym, Pension
+Nice office with excellent transport links - Liverpool St/Moorgate, London, City
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: ************************************-statement
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959525213