A career opportunity has arisen for an Electrical Technician to join a leading & national utilities company operating from Nottingham. You will be joining an experienced and friendly team who are committed to providing the safest and most reliable power delivery possible. As a Technician you will gain ongoing training to attain industry recognised qualifications, full PPE, a company vehicle to carry out work and free parking.
You will be working for an industry leading DNO who cover a large geographical area. This company is committed to providing a safe and reliable electricity supply striving to continually improve the quality of service and communication to customers.
As a Technician you will be responsible for the construction, maintenance, repair and faults on the overhead, underground and substation distribution network, dealing with cabling, switching and jointing at high voltages - predominantly 66kV.
As a Technician your responsibilities will include;
- The maintenance, construction, reinforcement, alteration, and replacement of overhead/underground cables and substations.
- The issue of safety documents up to 66kV and permits to work
- The work programming and monitoring of immediate work colleagues switching up to 66kV.
- The ideal candidate will be a SAP i.e. have Authorised Person status, or be HV Appointed Person
- HV experience in an industrial or outdoor environment e.g. plant / cabling / OHL / substations
- Experience of working on substations, live lines and switching at 11kV or higher preferable
- Familiarity with HV safety procedure and knowledge of documentation (Limitation of Access / Permit to Work)
In return for being an Electrical Technician you will gain on-going training and support, a competitive starting salary with annual increases, 26 days holiday plus bank holidays.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959528807