Head of Delivery
Icon Solutions is a leading FinTech solutions company. Icon provides institutions with faster and more cost-effective access to instant payments through an advanced and highly flexible software framework seamlessly integrated with core and back-office banking applications.
Purpose-built to address the exploding demand for instant payment and PSD2 support, Icon's product, IPF (Instant Payments Framework) represents the cutting edge of payments technology. It leverages the power of open source frameworks to deliver a unique blend of performance, resilience and flexibility at an attractive price point.
The Head of Delivery will play a key role in overseeing the successful delivery of IPF into complex business environments. They will use their considerable project management and consulting experience to define and implement the delivery and client management practices that will support the commercial success of IPF.
In addition to defining delivery best practice and steering the success of multiple projects, the Head of Delivery will take ultimate responsibility for governing the development & delivery process to ensure that work is scoped and delivered to a high-quality standard, on time, and in budget.
- Accountable to Icon's Board of Directors for the successful delivery of IPF development, client deployments/installations and Support (24x7x365)
- Support the Product Owner in meeting the vision and strategy of IPF in line with market needs, trends and expectations
- Planning and designing the IPF Delivery programme and proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action
- Establishing the delivery governance standards to keep the executive team informed of project status across Icon's clients
- Ensuring effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of IPF delivery
- Managing the IPF delivery budget, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realised benefits as projects progress
- Overseeing the delivery of major IPF programmes from pre-sales and bid management through to discovery, development, testing, deployment and post-implementation review, also managing risks for the programme's successful outcome
- Taking responsibility for client success through the delivery of multiple IPF engagements
- Mentoring and developing development & delivery management resources including Business Analysts, Project Managers, Engagement Managers & Developers
- Engaging with clients and colleagues to review project status, negotiate change controls and ensure client satisfaction as well as protecting the commercial success of consulting engagements
- Ensuring there is allocation of common resources and skills within IPF's individual projects
- Managing communications with all stakeholders
Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience delivering large scale development/product roadmaps within a Payments or Financial Services environment
- Experience managing internal development streams as well as 3rd party integrations
- Strong 3rd party management skills ideally with some SI / Consultancy experience
- Strong negotiation, conflict resolution and relationship management skills including the ability to mediate where necessary
- Some degree of experience working in a Fintech / Start-up environment
- You will be highly confident with different development technologies and techniques, understand design and QA principles ideally gained in an Agile environment
- Salary Offered: Competitive ''six figure'' base + 20% bonus + 10% pension + benefits
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in the United Kingdom and will be required to partake in pre-employment background checking
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959529207