Infrastructure Manager- Leeds
About the Role
You will be focussed on the design, management, maintenance and upkeep of the core communications rooms within our division' properties. Primarily responsible for managing the core comms room and IT infrastructure as well as the development and execution of the associated operational plans through effective day to day leadership of the comms room function.
This highly influential role will be required to manage supplier relationships and be the primary contact with other business units within Capita, the role will require a highly proactive individual who is able to manage complexity, drive technology roadmaps and upgrades and maintain effective day to day service delivery, assuring Capita's ability to deliver both internal and external services.
You will work closely with all areas of our divisional IT to ensure capacity is aligned to the demand of our business are viable and can be implemented.
We are a process driven ITIL and PCI DSS governed environment, so strong adherence to change management processes and other security principles is required.
What you will do
- The timely delivery of approved infrastructure projects, including preparation and deployment of service support tools.
- Prompt analysis and resolution of escalated issues and problems encountered by customers. The role provides 3rd line support behind the Service Desk and IT Operations teams.
- Product ownership. Taking responsibility for allocated services and ensuring that they can meet the future needs of a multi-site business.
- Liaison with customers and 3rd party suppliers in respect of service and product provision.
- Assisting the IT Service Delivery Manager in planning the development of infrastructure services to meet anticipated demand and changes in user requirements and / or technologies.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of our IT Communications Rooms and infrastructure..
- Assists with infrastructure devices hardening guidelines, policies, configuration standards and best practices for Capita core infrastructure. Reviews policy and procedure and ensure all IT systems and services remain in compliance with policies and guidelines.
- Ensure that any systems monitoring platforms are compliant with the recommended versions of O/S, components and environmental services.
- Liaise and provide assistance with the implementation and upgrades of software, hardware, storage and specification planning, administration & user documentation associated with Capita's comms rooms.
- Create a Service Improvement Plan for your service area and ensure this is clearly understood and communicated to IT through regular Service Review meetings and events.
- Support our financial BP through setting then meeting or exceeding financial objectives through improved cost management, team utilisation, and customer billable work opportunities
- Effectively manage operational supplier performance and repairs & maintenance contracts, including software licensing compliance, software license & support contract agreements and renewals, supplier selection and due diligence, and maintenance of up-to-date NDA's
- Effectively manage deliverables: Tickets, Small Works Projects and Technical leadership of major implementation and upgrade projects
- Oversee projects related to comms room infrastructure to ensure they are delivered on time, within budget and with minimal impact to the business
- Meet IS assurance, governance and policies to ensure we operate with confidence, through effective maintenance of secure and stable IT platforms for the business, adherence to company security, accreditation and audit requirements
- Ensure all services are appropriately documented
This role operates within an office environment but could also involve manual or physical activity around IT hardware and Comms Rooms. As such it is expected that the jobholder will be aware of comply with company rules and guidelines with respect to manual handling and risk assessment.
You will have skills and experience of:
- Proven experience as an Infrastructure Manager
- Good technical skills and understanding of infrastructure, i.e. windows, active directory, hardware, software, servers and applications.
- Proven IT experience in a commercial environment
- Experience of Support and Build
- An understanding of the purpose of multi-client data centre environments
- Experience of data centre management platforms
- Ideally an awareness of security standards (PCI DSS, ISO270001, GDPR)
- Ideally ITIL certified or have a good understanding
- Willingness to take ownership of problems
- Knowledgeable of various technical and non-technical documentation types
- Experience in producing supportive documentation for the Operations teams
- The courage to drive change.
- Excellent supplier management skills
What's in it for you?
This is an exciting opportunity to join a multi-Client, multi- skilled team to enable you to gain a broader knowledge of how Customer Management operates and how all our support areas interact in support of our Operational areas.
This is an ideal role for someone with a great deal of initiative, drive and enthusiasm to seek and recommend continuous improvement initiatives to deliver an exceptional service to our internal and external Clients.
What we hope you will do next
If you think you have the skills, experience and drive to undertake this role then please fill in our short application process and click apply now.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959528415