IT Network Engineer (Temp / Contract)
We are seeking a IT Network Engineer on a contract or temp basis until March 18 to join our clients existing team implementing and maintaining the core network systems. This includes the provision of a organise wide data and telephone network, including wireless network provision, and security implementation.
Within this new role one third of your time will be spent on the maintenance and improvement of a large IP network of over 200 devices, comprised mainly of Cisco switches and routers. You will respond to requests for minor network alterations, such as wall-port activation's and VLAN changes to meet the needs of the end-users and provide on-site support as required.
Our client manages several sites, with several firewalls are installed across multiple sites, each of which must be configured to deny inappropriate traffic access to the network while still allowing people to collaborate effectively. You will be maintaining VPN access to certain parts of the network and processing of customer requests for new websites and changes to existing websites on application firewalls.
The team you shall be joining are responsible for maintaining two server rooms, which host all of the centrally maintained Infrastructure equipment. The combined value of the equipment hosted is circa £750,000, excluding the value of the data that is hosted. You shall be creating and contribute to documentation relating to network infrastructure, adhering to change management procedures.
The role requires knowledge in the following specialist IT areas:
- Experience of large Network environments using Cisco IOS up to CCNA level (switching, routing, QoS),
- Firewalls and VPN technologies
- Cisco Wireless Infrastructure, or similar
- Knowledge of Windows Enterprise Server and Domain Environments
- Active Directory
- Knowledge of O\S scripting (Powershell, Java) if preferred but not essential
- Ideally prior exposure to virtual server technologies
- HP networking experience (Procurve) preferred
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959524012