Vehicle Durability Test Engineer
I am currently looking for a Vehicle Durability Test Engineer to join the UK's largest automotive OEM.
- The Vehicle Durability Test Engineer will be responsible for the whole vehicle test preparation and execution against existing procedures and work instructions.
- During testing, all issues highlighted will be interpreted and reported upon so that timely resolutions can be achieved.
- Additionally, there may be a requirement to provide support to the periodic review of the many procedures, work instructions, risk assessments etc. required within VDT and also the creation of new publications designed to ensure testing remains both safe and representative of customer product use.
- Good knowledge/experience of automotive testing methodologies at vehicle level.
- Good knowledge/experience of modern automotive systems.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex issues in written and spoken English.
- Minimum HNC/HND in an engineering related discipline. Has undertaken / knowledge of durability/reliability testing of vehicles/systems.
- Experience in resolution of complex technical issues.
- Experience of automotive systems software and software diagnostic systems. Very good knowledge of MS Office skills.
- Educated to degree level in a suitable engineering discipline e.g. automotive, motorsport 2-3 years? experience of whole vehicle durability testing with an automotive manufacturer.
- Advanced driving qualifications including both Off-Road & Proving Ground licences.
- Must be willing and able to travel and work abroad for short periods (normally 2-3 weeks duration) as testing facilities worldwide are used.
- Must have a clean driving licence. Safety Shoes, hard hat & high visibility jacket required.
- Main location is MIRA but periods of work at Gaydon may be required.
If you are interested in this position please click APPLY NOW!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959526861