HR & Payroll Officer
Chase and Holland are proud to be working with a growing non-profit company based in Ilkeston who are looking for a HR & Payroll Officer to join their team.
This role will see you take responsibility for the accurate preparation and processing of monthly staff payroll, providing a quality and accurate payroll and accounts service and support to the HR and Finance Teams.
- Carry out effective administration duties relating to weekly and monthly payroll ensuring it is completed to deadlines
- Checking and processing of spreadsheets, payroll instructions, new starters and leavers, changes, sickness absence and other adjustments such as maternity and paternity, to relevant deadlines
- Collating information relating to healthcare provider and pension provider, processing for payroll and sending to relevant external partners on a monthly basis.
- Work collaboratively with finance to develop and implement effective payroll systems and processes
- Carry out general administration duties relating to payroll which will include timely filing of payroll information into staff files, inputting of staff changes to the HR databases etc
- Prepare, maintain and supply information from manual and computerised filing systems
- Prepare and produce a variety of documents, including relevant documentation relating to employee's terms and conditions of employment
- Liaise with external partners including training providers
- Receive and send mail, both in manual and electronic formats
- Take minutes as requested, producing accurate records of meetings
- Assist with administration duties relating to recruitment and selection including but not limited to placing adverts, sending out application packs, confirming interviews and related correspondence
- Assist with administration duties relating to training and development, including but not limited to booking training, sending invitations and monitoring attendance.
- Compile relevant statistics for the HR Business Partners
- Assist in any general correspondence relating to issues such as disciplinary hearings, flexible working requests, sickness absence and staff leaving employment.
Hours of work per week - 8:30am - 5pm (Monday to Thursday) 9am - 3pm (Friday)
Salary - £18,400pa
The organisation has won numerous 'best employer' awards, alongside others for their impact on communities and their success as a social enterprise. They are very proud of their welcoming environment and their mission-focused culture.
Benefits include - 27 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays, Company Pensions scheme (8% employer/4% staff contribution), Healthcare service and free onsite parking.
Chase and Holland acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Finance and HR recruitment and comfortably service the South Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Staffordshire and Lincolnshire marketplaces.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959524568