Our client, a leading energy developer are seeking a SCADA Engineer to join the Round 3 Offshore Wind Farm project based in the UK Waters. This is an office based position with long term opportunities.
Reporting to the Head of Electrical Packages and working with all teams and departments, the SCADA Engineer will be responsible for managing the design / engineering, integration and commissioning of the various SCADA systems.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Ensure overarching cross-project approach to SCADA system design is implemented that recognizes and reflects all interfaces and dependencies.
- Develop and maintain a SCADA system design basis that reflects the cross-project approach.
- Ensure SCADA system design work undertaken for the project is undertaken using appropriate methods and is confirmed to be in accordance with applicable standards (e.g. the Grid Code and the STC) and project requirements.
- Manage contracts or sections of contracts related to the design and delivery of SCADA equipment.
- Prepare and develop technical specifications for all work packages.
- Provide specialist SCADA support to other work packages where requested.
- Develop and maintain an overarching cross-project SCADA system integration and commissioning plan to ensure successful delivery of a complete system in support of (i) wind farm handover to operations and (ii) transmission asset handover to the appointed OFTO.
- Quality management of SCADA system manufacturing and commissioning/testing process across all project work packages.
- Supporting the Grid Code compliance process including coordination of testing.
- Supporting the OFTO asset transfer process.
- Experience of Wind Farm SCADA System design and implementation essential
- General Experience with distribution or transmission or substation
- Offshore Wind project experience
- Knowledge of associated SCADA system and telecom network
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959525430