Graduate Software Engineer (Java and Oracle)
Our client are currently seeking an IT Graduate to join the team on a permanent basis to work around Java and Oracle technologies. You will be a key member of our software development team working with modern technologies to build outstanding software for our clients customers. Although you will have personal responsibility for tasks, our client are team-based and encourage active participation. They thrive on Scrum to help navigate their day to day work and as part of this the team goal is frequent delivery of high quality software releases at a sustainable pace.
Technologies currently used include Oracle Enterprise 12c, Oracle Linux 6/7, Java 8, and modern Web application technologies.
There is a clear roadmap for the next 18 months with many interesting and challenging projects ahead including engineering our successful Trio Enterprise solution for the cloud. The right candidate will be passionate about building high quality software to solve real world problems.
Our technical team members are highly valued and we have opportunities for increased responsibility, training and technical leadership as you progress.
Required skills and experience
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or similar subject
- Solid understanding of foundation CS concepts: algorithms and data structures, databases and networking
- 0-2 years of software development experience in at least one of the following technical areas:
- Java 7/8 development (will also consider other JVM languages or Python)
- SQL and database development (We use Oracle but other database experience would be fine)
- Passionate about best practice software development methods such as writing testable code, code review, clean code, continuous improvement, knowledge sharing
- Flexible to new requirements, priorities and technologies within the context of a growing company
- Have worked as part of a development team
- Organised and able to manage and prioritise their own work
Please send your details through to for more info
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77601737