Temporary Payroll Assistant Job in St. Albans
Your new company
A Care Home business based in the heart of St. Albans are looking for a Payroll Assistant to work on a rolling two month temporary contract. They are flexible with the working hours and are looking for someone who has recent experience within a Payroll environment.
Your new role
The main key objective is to provide effective administrative support to the Payroll Department. You will be directly reporting to the Payroll Manager, the key duties and responsibilities include:
- Preparation and input of starters, leavers, changes and overtime, onto the Payroll System
- Supports the Payroll team with staff payroll queries
- Support with other Ad-hoc duties within the Payroll Department as and when required
- Responsible for the coordination efforts between payroll, human resources, accounting and other departments to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data
- Effectively manage the collection and administration of all starters, leavers and changes
- Support the development of and maintain ongoing accurate records for all payroll related information
- Create and update documents as requested
What you'll need to succeed
The main requirements you will need for this role include:
- Strong administration skills
- Proactive, highly motivated, able to work autonomously and on own initiative
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, adapt to changing priorities and organise work accordingly
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Previous experience of using Payroll / HR Systems is desired
- Previous experience of payroll administration is desired
- Use of the Pyramid Payroll system would be a bonus
What you'll get in return
The location of the company is based in the centre of St. Albans and is surrounded by a large variety of local amenities and you will receive between £8-£10 Per Hour.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77613907