CISCO NETWORK ENGINEER
Cisco Network Engineer
£150-250 per day
This role is INSIDE IR35
My Client is searching for a Network Engineer for an initial three month contract based in Chester
As a Network Engineer, you will be providing quality technical support for our clients and partners. You will diagnose problems and troubleshoot the entire estate, including our wireless access points, security appliances, and switches. Characteristics of success in this role include previous experience in supporting and testing LANs, WANs, VLANs, and DHCP servers; experience installing and troubleshooting WiFi networks; experience with Cisco Prime Infrastructure and having the ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot wireless, security, switching, and other various network-related issues reported by customers and partners.
- Collaborate with other support team members to fix network outages, misconfigurations, and complex networking issues on customers' devices.
- Alternate rolls with 2nd/3rd line support engineers as required
- On site manual replacement of hardware and recovery of redundant hardware
- Work with engineering and management to diagnose and resolve critical, escalated issues
- Fundamental understanding of and hands-on experience with Cisco network technologies including firewalls, routing/switching, VLANs, and 802.11a/b/g/n/ac wireless.
- Thorough comprehension of fundamental networking protocols including TCP, STP, ARP, Ethernet, etc.
- Experience supporting or testing LANs, VLANs, WLANs, VPNs, NAT devices and DHCP servers
- Experience in computer networking related problem solving, critical thinking, and troubleshooting
- Networking certifications a plus: CCNA, CCNP CWNA, etc
Reed Specialist Recruitment is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and temporary recruitment. In response to your application Reed will contact you by phone, email or SMS to discuss it and related opportunities. You can opt out at any time using the links provided.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959529483