SQL Server DBA
We are looking for a Database Administrator to ensure the integrity of data in live IT systems is preserved at all costs and that database performance does not negatively affect user experience. Much time is spent monitoring the live service, performing day to day housekeeping and undertaking periodic tests and system checks.
You will be an expert in the database management system, able to coach colleagues in best practice and assure releases of software.
- Providing the 2nd line of support to internal customers, ensuring database problems are dealt with and Incidents that cannot be resolved via database administration are referred to colleagues for resolution
- Monitoring day to day performance of live IT systems and services
- Reviewing error logs
- system performance counters
- Checking integrity of databases
- Raising internal SDRs for identified issues that need resolution
- Conducting unit testing of database changesSupporting wider testing activity e.g. running data-setup scrip
- Ensuring the integrity of solutions is maintained by adhering to configuration management rules and processes
- Supporting Disaster Recovery testing
- Restoring backed up data as requested by developers, testers and infrastructure management
- Designing databases and database changes for software releases
- Optimising developed SQL for performance
- Coaching developers in best practice for database access
- Installation, configuration and upgrading of SQL Server implementations
Randstad Technologies Ltd is a leading specialist recruitment business for the IT industry. Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959525577