Lead Stress Engineer
Description of the job
A vacancy has arisen within the Engineering organisation for the position of Lead Stress Engineer within the incremental Development team on A350XWB, based at Filton, the successful candidate will report to the Head of Engineering and the Wing Senior Stress engineer for Midbox Incremental Development , to ensure that all technical solutions meet all relevant requirements for product integrity, safety, reliability and design for manufacture and assembly.
The Role will focus on (1) developing and delivering STEP changes in line with the business and customer needs and (2) developing new innovative solutions to drive added value into the A350 product.
Tasks & accountabilities
The main tasks and responsibilities will include:
* Contributing to and leading analysis studies in accordance with validated Airbus methods that will lead to successful cost and weight trades and for future wing concepts. This includes both metallic and composite technologies. Work includes: FE modelling and validation, stress feasibility studies, defining and monitoring work by internal and external partners.
* Ensure adherence to airworthiness regulations, relevant design principles, processes, methods and manufacturing capabilities guidelines
* Lead Integration activities with all stakeholders, internal and Risk Sharing Partners.
* Continuous quality monitoring of all inputs and where applicable instigate processes to recover
* Develop new initiatives to weight optimize and reduce costs on the product through innovation
* Initiate and provide support to Continuous Improvement and Lean projects to minimize waste and ensure maximum functional and operational efficiency.
* Identify and develop team members to meet both their and the business needs.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
* Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in Engineering or a related discipline
* Experience on aircraft development and/or serial programmes
* Composite and metallic stress analysis
* An innovative approach looks for new ways of doing things
* Strong practical problem solving ability
* Systematic and organized approach
* Flexible to changing customer needs
* Negotiation level in English
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959524531