Solutions Engineer - Slough - £35K 10% bonus
Solutions Engineer ? Slough - £35K + 10% bonus
Our client a leading IT Managed Service Provider are seeking a Solutions Engineer to join their team based in Slough. The primary role of the Solutions Engineer is to support the technical pre-sales process. The Solutions Engineer is responsible for providing technical support to clients, sales functions and the Solutions teams throughout the transactional process. This will include working on sales opportunities to produce bill-of-materials using vendor configuration tools, estimating small scale Professional Services, runrate Managed Service changes and assist with the proposal process spanning the entire portfolio.
The Solutions Engineer will interact with internal teams, customers and vendor support teams to accelerate the transactional business process, whilst responsible for the technical accuracy of equipment schedules and can advise on the latest product-centric incentive programmes.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely response to opportunity requests in accordance with agreed deadlines, SLAs and OLAs
- Producing bill-of-materials with high technical accuracy and quality content for Professional Services estimate and Statement of Work
- Follow and continually improve departmental processes and procedures
- Maintain skills and certifications by way of attending seminars, courses and self-study, relevant to current business strategy
- A champion of customer service, focussed on establishing every customer as a reference.
- Excellent organisational, communicational, administrative and interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated, proactive and responsive
- Keen and able to learn new technologies quickly
- Able to effectively manage multiple tasks without compromising attention to detail
- Confident and professional
- Excellent time keeping and workload management
- Previously held a similar position within an IT Services organisation or Systems Integrator
- CCNA or equivalent vendor/industry standard certification
- A strong technical background across a broad range of hardware and software products from Cisco, IBM, HPE, Dell/EMC, NetApp, VMware, AWS
- Good understanding of Networking and Cisco products
- Experience in a sales support, post sales liaison and working with other departments
- Working knowledge of vendor configuration tools would be advantageous - for example, Cisco CCW (Cisco Commerce Workspace)
- Experience in MS office suite ? in particular, Word and Excel
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959529198