Mobile App Developer
Based in Manchester's Northern Quarter and working for one of my favourite tech businesses in the city these guys and girls work on some seriously cool stuff based around (but not limited to) IoT and augmented reality. This business is passionate about utilizing the latest technologies to make the world a better place and is part of a global group of tech companies working on making smarter cities, protecting heritage and producing mobile apps to get the most from your visit to cities. With global partners and European offices this company is small but has a worldwide reach.
Due to the innovative nature of the work, the tech team has doubled in size in the last 12 months and this expansion looks set to continue into 2018 meaning they now need a skilled mobile app developer to drive the new products forward. This role has great potential for progression to a senior or lead position. The developer will have a proven track record of delivering challenging and innovative mobile apps and software solutions in a fast paced environment. You'll have a direct report into the Development Manager and sit above a team of more junior developers. Ideally you'll have around 2-3 years commercial experience although exceptional developers that have used the technologies listed below plus mobile app development experience should also apply.
- To provide software design and coding written in professional manner within scope and requirements.
- Help maintain the website and all digital media systems.
- Take steps to ensure the security of all data held, including protection against external or internal attack.
- Learning new skills and roles beyond your area to help the company develop its IT skills sets.
- Attend any courses and skills development programs assigned or agreed with you.
- Advance the objectives set by the company at all times at any meetings or events.
- Mentor and assist in the development of colleagues.
- HTML and CSS
- Familiarity with Agile process flow
- Unit testing
- Version control
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Positive mindset and desire to learn more
- Work experience with NodeJS and AngularJS framework
- Cross platform mobile app development e.g. Nativescript, PhoneGap, or Cordova
- Experience with Telerik platform
- Augmented reality development tool e.g. Wikitude, Vuforia, Unity3D
Training and further CPD opportunities.
Monthly or Bi-Monthly Social Activities.
This is a genuinely exciting time to join an innovative, forward thinking company who are creating some really special things. If you'd like to be considered feel free to apply, call me on drop me a message on LinkedIn
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959525536