Group Financial Reporting Accountant
An international market leading business based in Feltham are looking for a Group Financial Reporting Accountant to join their rapidly growing team. This is an ideal opportunity for a recently qualified ACA from a large practice firm.
- Working with colleagues across the Group to produce the monthly reporting packs for headquarters companies using SAP and BPC.
- Confirmation and reconciliation of monthly inter-company transactions and balances across the Group.
- Working with the Treasury department to accurately record financial transactions.
- Completion of financial controls in accordance with the controls framework as required by the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX)
- Assistance with the preparation of Group financial reporting deliverables, including preparing consolidation journals, preparing financial disclosures and accounting papers.
- Input into the Annual budget and Quarterly forecasts
- Maintain monthly exchange rates for the Group in SAP
- Maintain and update the Group Accounting Policy Manual
- Supporting any projects impacting financial reporting (previous examples include acquisition accounting, refinancing and restructuring activities)
- Preparation of statutory accounts under FRS 101 and assisting with the preparation of quarterly and annual IFRS Group accounts.
- Liaison with internal and external auditors and provide relevant information when required.
- Opportunity to spend up to two weeks a year assisting with European internal audit tasks, which would involve travel.
- Any other ad-hoc tasks required to meet the needs of the Financial Reporting Group and its interaction with the wider audience of stakeholders, e.g. auditors, Treasury, Financial Planning & Analysis, Tax.
The idea candidate will be a qualified accountant ACA with an audit background and strong technical accounting skills. You will have experience across a wide sector of businesses, have good understanding of IFRS, and be highly computer literate: strong Excel skills are a must. Be able to work under time pressure and able to manage multiple priorities; have excellent planning and organisational skills and have ambition to learn and get exposure to different areas of financial reporting.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959529994