Communications Officer - Force Control Room London
Communications Officers are required on an 18 Month Fixed Term Contract paying up to £29,943.88 (inclusive of London allowance & shift allowance) with British Transport Police (BTP) based in our Force Control Room in Palestra, London.
Please note that this is a recruitment talent pool although a potential intake is planned for April 2018. You must be available to attend an assessment day that will take place on Tuesday 16th January 2018.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain?s rail network. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As an Communications Officer with BTP you will be expected to provide call handling and radio dispatch for the British Transport Police and manage the police response to incidents ensuring that public and officer safety is maintained at all times.
As a Communications Officer you will be required to:
- Evaluate information and decide criteria of response and level of deployment that ensures public and officer safety at all times.
- Provide call handling and radio dispatch for the British Transport Police and manage the police response to incidents ensuring that public and officer safety is maintained at all times.
- Effectively and accurately manage telephone calls, evaluating the urgency of the incident and prioritising the police response where appropriate.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Communications Officer will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to manage situations in a calm and assertive manner.
- The ability to utilise different communication methods (e.g. Telephone, radio)
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- £29,943.88 (inclusive of 20% shift allowance and London Allowance)
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discount
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ?spent? must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959525175