Systems Support Specialist FTC
Bradford, BD4 8PW
Competitive salary + bonus + excellent benefits
This is an exciting time to join Virgin Media as a Systems Support Specialist. Working as part of a wider team on a 9 month fixed term contract basis, this role will help support, maintain and develop Virgin Media’s HR & Payroll systems. You will work closely with the Lead Consultant to define problem statements and customer requirements, whilst also managing complex customer queries and data issues.
Your duties will be wide ranging, but ultimately you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the change governance process is followed for all systems, process and project activities.
- Maintaining the required governance library, including but not limited to: change impact plans, business Continuity plans and prioritisation matrix.
- Supporting with the creation of business requirement documents and reviewing solution design against requirements to ensure alignment.
- Developing test scripts and plans engaging with key stakeholders to secure resource.
- Acting as a Primary contact for system issues that relate to the Payroll area.
- Ensuring a current business continuity plan is in place, agreed and updated on a bi-monthly basis.
- Working with Group Risk and the People Operations Management team to ensure the risk register is up to date and open risk have current mitigation actions in progress.
- Generating business requirement documents that enable efficient and effective solutions to be built.
- Reviewing solution design documents against requirements and collaborating with ERP to ensure they meet required standards.
- Delivering systems changes/initiatives to drive continuous improvement.
- Providing subject matter expertise on key Oracle modules and other HR systems.
- Working with the People Operations/Oracle ERP teams to prioritise systems enhancements driven by continuous improvement activity or systems issues.
- Writing UAT test scripts and co-ordinate user acceptance testing.
- Supporting cyclical projects to ensure that system impacts are identified and managed.
- Contributing to the generation and management of the systems roadmap.
- Contribute to the delivery of Employee Services projects and solutions to drive continuous improvement against agreed objectives, timescales, and quality standards.
- Payroll or Systems Payroll experience (Oracle ideally, but also SAP, PeopleSoft, or JD Edwards).
- Proven ability to influence up to Senior Management level.
- Functional/Technical excellence, with proven reporting skills, and advanced level MS Excel capabilities (e.g. advanced formulas/writing macros).
- Experience in reporting, planning and delivering key strategic imperatives.
- Awareness of the competitor landscape and relevant benchmarks for success.
- A strategic mind set.
- A focus on excellent customer service through delivery and clear communication.
- A wide breadth of skill and experienceand proven track record in delivering highly strategic projects and programmes.
- The ability to manage conflicting priorities.
- A collaborative outlook with strong team and people skills.
Join and you’ll be part of the Virgin Media family. We’re a great place to work – and we offer impressive benefits too! You will get a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension, performance related bonus and, of course, discounts across Virgin Media products ad Virgin brands!
Come and be a part of something special.Join us!
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77576658