Service Desk Engineer - Microsoft, Active Directory
Ultima Business Solutions are one of the UK's leading IT Infrastructure Partners. We are ambitious and are proud to be working at the forefront of cutting edge technology, enabling us to offer our customers integrated innovation and intelligence.
Our people are the key to our success and we are proud that we only hire top talent, the future thinkers, the innovators, those that are passionate about a changing environment and driven to make a difference.
This role is primarily involved in responding and resolving technical calls. These calls will then be owned by the Service desk and will require constant management with regards to regular updates ensuring a resolution.
Working within a focused team, this individual must be highly motivated and responsive to customer needs. The individual will need to work closely with the other Service desk team members and the TSC Management, to ensure customers receive the highest level of service from Ultima.
The need to provide accurate and timely information relating to ongoing issues is of vital importance.
- To ensure that all calls to the Service desk are logged and responded to within pre-set service levels
- Identify relevant problem types and associated priorities
- Verify information back to the customer on the call details ensuring that all the relevant information is entered into the call logging system in a clear and concise format
- To take a methodical approach in troubleshooting and resolving faults
- If necessary, progress calls to other departments or third parties for further investigation ensuring regular updates and working towards a prompt resolution
- To proactively monitor all calls keeping the customer, and when necessary the TSC Management, informed at all times through to resolution
- Undertake proactive calls to make customers aware of known issues before they have to call the Service desk
- To play an active role within the Service desk team remaining flexible to support others during busy periods
- Be responsible for any company property or information that may be within your care
- Actively strive to improve technical ability by self-study, organised in-house training and attendance of external courses
- Whenever possible look to promote Ultima?s solutions
Essential technical knowledge:
- Office Suite ? Outlook Especially
- Troubleshooting Windows OS, 7 and 10
- Office 365 Administration
- Network troubleshooting
- Active Directory and Exchange Administration
- Troubleshooting Mobile devices
Other knowledge, skills and experience:
- Excellent telephone manner
- Possess good problem solving skills
- Needs to be literate, numerate and most importantly articulate
- Must have good computer hardware and software knowledge
- Must be aware of brand values and qualities
- Working towards Microsoft MCSE qualification
- Previous experience in a corporate technical customer facing role
- Must be self motivated, tenacious as well as a team player
- Must have the ability to communicate with and work effectively with colleagues, internal departments as well as customers
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must have a flexible working attitude
- Must be able to contribute to individual, team and company targets and objectives
- Must be commercially minded with good common sense
- Must be conscientious with an attention to detail
- If possible Experience using a Ticket management software/ Creating/Updating & logging tickets
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959526787