Linux System Administrator / DevOps / SysOps - Ansible, VMware
Linux System Administrator / DevOps / SysOps - Ansible, VMware required to join a global biomedical research organisation within their agile and cross functional technical team. You will be responsible for the health and operations of the Linux / DevOps toolset with regards to upgrades, new releases, technical guide & support to the team. Salary: Up to £46k pa + Excellent Benefits. Central London.
The environment will require you to work effectively with your teammates, of course. But your real success will be measured by how well you couple critical thinking with self-motivation, passion, enthusiasm and determination.
Your responsibilities as the Linux System Administrator / DevOps / SysOps:
- Maintain proficiency in system installation, configuration, and administration by supporting a variety of technical tools such as Ansible, VMware, Docker, as well as new technology areas with a view to standardising the approaches across the different DevOps toolsets.
- Daily monitoring of the systems; identify and implement the best technical solutions, system upgrades, as well as seeking innovative ways to simplify and where possible automate system administration tasks
- Providing technical recommendations, identifying opportunities for automation, and building out solutions to solve complex problems as well as documenting steps taken to successfully install and deploy applications.
Your profile will look something like this:
- A solid background in Linux Sysadmin and experience of working in a multi-platform environment
- Experience in configuration management: Ansible (Playbooks)
- Experience with virtualized environments (VMWare, KVM, Hyper-V)
- Fluency in at least one scripting language (Python, Bash, Perl, Shell scripts etc)
With that being said, our client isn't just looking for just anyone; they're interested in experience, but also the desire to continue learning and the ability to suggest best practices as they scale.
Technology Must Haves: Linux (any flavour), Ansible, VMware or Hyper-V or KVM, Docker, good scripting skills in Perl or Bash or Python or Java
Technology Nice to Haves: Rundeck, Spacewalk or similar, Apache, MySQL/MariaDB, Nginx, AD/Active Directory, Solarwinds or Nagios or Zabbix.
As the Linux System Administrator / DevOps / SysOps you will receive hands on technical training as well as a structured career development path and excellent benefits ranging from:
- 31 days' annual leave (includes 3 annual privilege days) plus 8 days' bank holidays
- Contribution Pension
- Life Assurance
- Season Ticket Loans
- Childcare Vouchers
- Eating Out & Technology discount vouchers and much more
Interested? Apply today in complete confidence or contact Kelly Strong at Inspire People for further information.
Inspire People is an employment agency providing services to candidates and clients.
Sysadmin, "sysops engineer", "systems administration", "systems administration", "webops engineer", "systems administration", "system administration", "system administration", "system administration", "DevOps administrator", "WebOps Linux", CentOS, RHEL, Ubuntu, Ansible, Docker, Rundeck, "run deck", Vagrant, Spacewalk, "space walk", Apache, MySQL, MariaDB, Nginx, Perl, "Shell scripts", "sysops engineer", Windows, VMware, Hyper-V, KVM, "sysops engineer", AD, "Active Directory", Solarwinds, "solar winds", Nagios, Zabbix, "Linux Systems Administrator / DevOps", DevOps, "devops engineer", WebOps, "webops engineer", "webops engineer", "System administrator", "System administrator", "System Administrator", bash, java
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959527650