Component Design & Development Engineer - Automotive
Component Design & Development Engineer
Global Engine Manufacturer - Peterborough
Initial 12 month Contract
Guide rates £32 p/h (Umbrella/ Ltd basis)
As Design and Development Engineer you will assist in the delivery of component and system development and validation in support of NPI programmes, cost reduction & quality improvements.
A number of engine platform improvement programmes are underway in readiness for Stage-5 emissions regulations. These platform refresh programmes enable us to increase customer value in tailoring options, reducing fuel usage, offering more power combined with increased reliability and durability. The team are also responsible for upgrading existing products in line with RoHS - Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive.
Key Responsibilities of the Design & Development Engineer - Automotive Components
- Assisting in the development of components and validation on components to be compliant with the incoming RoHS legislation.
- Delivery of quality improvements, cost reduction projects and the development and delivery of new customer options
- Development of components will include assessment of both mechanical and performance attributes as well as:
- considering components life and cost factors
- working with internal partners and suppliers
- communication of results to customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units
- contribute to the design of new products and processes such as creation and maintenance of FMEA documents and a DVP&R
- review of supplier suggested validation plans
- collaborate with and support other engineers, managers, marketing personnel, customers, and suppliers
Experience required for the Design & Development Engineer - Automotive Components
- Bachelor degree in an accredited Engineering curriculum or similar technical skills acquired via experience
- Strong Physics, Material Science, Computer Science and Maths background
- Knowledge of IC engines or similar systems - although training can be provided
Candidates should have experience in performing several (not all) of the following;
- Working with suppliers to develop solutions
- Working knowledge of APQP
- Conducting FMEAs on components and systems to identify risks and determine action
- Keeping peers, team leader and management up to date with progress against planned activities including report outs
- Knowledge of drawing release processes to support the release of parts onto BOMs and engine lists in preparation for volume production.
- Support field and production issue, diagnose issues to root cause, put in place containment actions, and develop permanent corrective actions. Work with suppliers and keep stakeholder informed of progress and decisions
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959526872