Engineering Manager - Pipeline
To co-ordinate and manage design delivery and engineering knowledge and advice through the Protech business unit.
Murphy are looking for mechanical engineers to join our design team in Kentish Town. The design team predominantly supports the Natural Resources part of the business specialising in Oil, Gas and Energy projects.
We perform small to medium sized conceptual, FEED and detailed design projects for predominantly onshore gas clients. Typical projects include, pipeline designs for new pipelines, diversions and modifications, gas connections for power stations, AGI refurbishment and replacement.
Work expected is the creation of engineering deliverables such as data sheets, specifications, basis of design, design reports and calculations. Leading a multi-discipline engineering team and external consultants to deliver the design solutions to schedule and budget.
Support the project delivery teams within the Protech Engineering business unit by providing design management for concept, basic and detailed design solutions based on client and site specific requirements for various oil and gas projects across the UK. Focus of the business is on transmission and distribution pipelines as well as terminals, compressor and pumping stations and above ground installations
Ensure timely delivery of technical solutions in response to the needs of the project schedule and company?s programme of works.
- Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHESQ department.
- Take a personal interest in identifying, coaching and developing key staff.
- Provide operational, strategic and contractual advice and service to bid preparation and project management when associated with design management and engineering.
- Manage delivery of guidance and service support to bid and project meetings to contribute a clear view for delivering design management and engineering.
- Keep management informed of business area activity and progress achieved.
- The day to day management of all engineering activities currently being undertaken including assessment of permanent and temporary works design works requirements and the appointment of suitable resource to satisfactorily complete those works.
- The review of all designs to ensure coordination between design disciplines.
- The final review and acceptance of all AFC documents.
- Responsible for the review appointment and monitoring of all CRE?s.
- Responsible for ensuring that all changes in client / company standards are captured reviewed and briefed out to all the engineering team.
- Ultimately responsible for all engineering activities both on and off site for the particular project in question.
- Deputising for the Senior Engineering Manager in their absence.
- Carry out other relevant duties as required from time to time.
- The day-to-day management of small to medium design projects encompassing Feasibility, Concept, FEED and detailed design studies.
- Ensure Murphy meet the requirements of CDM both for the PD and PC role
- Be ultimately responsible for all aspects of design process safety including Design Reviews, Risk Assessments, HAZID, HAZOP, LOPA, etc
Qualifications; Skills and Experience
Mechanical or Chemical Engineering Degree
Relevant management and engineering experience in the onshore Oil and Gas industry
Proven engineering technical background (senior engineer level or above)
Ability to lead and motivate a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and consultants.
Chartered Engineer (or working towards chartership)
Experience working on National Grid Projects and a knowledge of their processes
Knowledge of project management process gained through successful experience of contract management.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959524943