Purchase Ledger Assistant
month fixed term contract opportunity based in York for experienced Purchase Ledger Assistant with healthcare organisation in York
To process purchase ledger invoices and to ensure that they are available for payment in a timely manner and in accordance with the company policy. Be adaptable to any changes in purchase ledger processes and/or systems.
- To accurately and efficiently process invoices into Sage 200 ensuring they are on the correct company ledger.
- To accurately code invoices according to the product / service delivered and delivery address.
- To seek authorisation for invoices processed in accordance with agreed authorisation levels and update Sage 200 accordingly.
- To process weekly payment runs which would include supporting the prioritisation of payments to help manage cash-flow, service needs and payment terms.
- To identify those invoices which are exceptional or need escalating for payment or authorisation.
- Purchase Ledger query handling - communicating with units, suppliers and operational management as required.
- To file invoices accurately.
- To provide supporting documentation for capital and inter-company reporting.
- To assist in month end duties, including accruals and collection of unit information.
- Work flexibly with and as part of the finance team.
To apply you will be -
- Numerate and literate with ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Understands and effectively uses IT and communication systems required for the role
- Able to identify and analyse problems
- Able to effectively prioritise workload
- Customer focussed (both internal and external customers)
- Able to work alone or as part of a team
- Able to process high volume of transactions accurately and on a timely basis
Previous experience within a Purchase Ledger Department is preferred
Salary £18,000 to £20,000 pro rota for 6 mnth contract
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959523636