Platform Product Manager
Platform Product Manager - Bedford
Oblix are currently looking for an experienced Platform Product Manager to take our clients platform to the next level to appeal to additional markets.
This is a highly influential position which owns the strategy and roadmap for the platform as well as managing Business Analysts to ensure consistency and coherence of the product vision. Also, managing relationship with other stakeholders including the Board of Directors and the Software Development Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful applicant will act as the key interface between business and technology teams in defining and influencing business requirements and will be involved day-to-day in the implementation of appropriate system solutions. You should be able to understand the business implications of technical solutions, and assist in defining the technology solutions to support any future business requirements.
Product Management Responsibilities:
- Be the ultimate product champion, defining and driving the company's vision, strategy and roadmap.
- Create and own the product roadmap, working with business stakeholders to ensure the roadmap is comprehensive and aligned with the vision and strategy.
- Define and product high level specifications of key new features and capabilities.
Leadership & Management Responsibilities:
- Manage the performance and development of the team through customer focused measures and build engaged, well-motivated, high performing team(s).
- Improving the productivity of the work force through training, developing talent, technology enablement, process improvements, and best practices and implementing high standards within the company to improve the overall skill level of the function.
- The role holder will manage the allocation of resources to ensure that deadlines are achieved at all times, resolving issues which will ensure that the business operates with maximum efficiency.
- Coach and support colleagues to improve team performance and ensure procedures and relevant regulatory requirements/codes are met.
- Medium term planning for the team, identifying resource needs to meet customer expectations. Time horizon of 3-6 months.
- Manage relationships with other Team Leaders where required to ensure effective support of the wider company goals.
- Undertake weekly directional communications with the team.
Personnel & Staff Management Responsibilities:
- The role holder will be accountable for proficient management of staff performance, recruitment, development and promotion of individuals. Will provide coaching as necessary to ensure the team has knowledge and awareness of regulatory, industry and process requirements.
- The role holder will demonstrate motivational and leadership skills, building effective working relationships with team members, leading by example.
- The role holder will oversee Performance Development consistency across their own team(s) in line with High Performance Organisation (HPO) principles, and partakes in consistency checking across the company.
- The role holder will ensure business messages are effectively cascaded and clearly articulated to all staff. The successful candidate will maintains visibility across the whole team by encouraging two-way communications.
- The role holder will hold regular team meetings and provide feedback and reviews.
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong experience as a Lead Product Manager within rapidly expanding online / digital / data businesses (Ideally B2B)
- Strong technical understanding and a proven track record for getting under the skin of data services and their features; ideally a back-ground as a Product Owner or Business Analyst.
- Proven credibility and demonstrated ability influencing board level business decision makers, technology & development teams, marketing teams and customers.
- Experience working with leadership teams on proposals and strategic direction.
- Extensive customer facing experience capturing requirements and managing expectations.
- Experience in translating business end user requirements into system requirement specifications and user stories and provide input to architects and development teams.
- Experience managing small teams ideally product managers and business analysts.
- Extensive experience managing and prioritising product backlogs.
- Highly details orientated.
- Ability to act as a subject matter expert on systems and business processes.
- Deliver capabilities around distinctive customer experience whilst facilitating cost savings through automation of manual processes.
- Build and sustain an outstanding and highly talented team.
- Build meaningful and sustainable relationships with the company's technology partners/suppliers to optimise and further enhance the platform's capabilities.
- Proven and demonstrable experience of implementing UX for web applications.
- Experienced defining and integrating complex systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in IT or Engineer is desirable but not essential.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959528686