Information Security Officer / Manager
Information Security Officer / Manager
To deliver the best employment screening service, whatever it takes. Vero is a leading employment screening provider that blends state-of-the-art technology with ease of service. This combination enables us to give clients and candidates a positive experience as we work to minimise risk, manage data protection and ensure compliance.
Vero are about to embark upon a number of exciting Information Security projects and looking for the right candidate to help implement and deliver these. Vero's culture is to embrace and continually push forward utilising innovative technologies including the use of Cloud technologies ensuring these are implemented and maintained in a secure fashion is of fundamental importance to the organisation.
Position: Information Security Officer / Manager
Location: Brighton, East Sussex
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £35,000 to £75,000 per annum dependent on experience, benefits package
About the role:
The role presents a unique and amazing opportunity to be involved in all aspects of Information Security from reviewing current tools, policies & procedures, working with our external customers, reviewing ongoing compliance to uphold our ISO 27001 status, supporting the Sales team in answering customer RFPs to implementing new security technologies.
Our ideal candidate will come from a technical background, having spent time performing GRC activities, will hold one or more security related qualifications and have experience working with external and internal customers. It is critical that the successful candidate has a broad experience in all areas of information security and able to be flexible to support the business. For the right candidate there is also the opportunity to have direct line manager responsibility for a small team.
Working closely with the IT Infrastructure, Development teams, CTO and consultant CISO the position will be the primary lead responsible for all operational Information Security and Governance, Risk & Compliance related duties and initiatives.
- Significant relevant work experience in a Security Operations Position
- Significant relevant work experience in Information Security Officer position responsible for GRC activities
- For the right candidate there may be an opportunity for people leadership as part of the position
- Self-starter with experience working on own initiative in lightly supervised role
- Self-motivated in continuing professional development to ensure currency of knowledge
- Ideally minimum 7 years' experience in managing within Information Security roles
- Experience of dealing with external customers and hosting information security audits
- Degree in Information security, computer science or related field or equivalent industry experience
- Industry standard certifications (CISSP, GSEC, SANS, ISACA, ISO, etc.) or any equivalent combination of education and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of this position
- Excellent working knowledge and experience of Virtualisation
- Experience of working within ITIL framework for Service Desk, Incident, Change, Configuration and Problem management
- Experience of securing cloud environments
- Experience of supporting a software development organisation or processing of highly sensitive information in a secure manner
- Experience working with and education in IT Infrastructure, Development and other business functions on information Security matters and best practice
You may have experience of the following: Information Security Officer, Information Security Analyst, Engineer, Technician. Security Operations Centre Analyst, Security Operations Centre Manager, ISO270001, ITIL, Cyber Security, IT Security Manager, Computer Forensics, Vulnerability Analysis, Threat Detection, Penetration Testing, Risk Analysis, Cyber Security Analyst, etc.
Vero Screening promotes equality of opportunity for all and selects all candidates based on their skills, qualifications and experience. A basic criminal record check with Disclosure Scotland will be required for all successful applicants, having a criminal record will not necessarily bar you from working with us. This will depend on the nature of the position and the circumstances of your offences.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK's leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959523630