Oracle ERP Developer
This is an exciting time to join Virgin Media as an Oracle ERP Developer. You will provide the technical solution for all Oracle ERP business requirement including big projects and small Non Project requirements. You will also be able to understand the business requirement, design the solution and implement them.
So why Virgin Media? We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade, with a huge programme to extend our ultrafast broadband network and brilliant Virgin TV to 17 million homes and businesses. We’re challenging our competitors with the best services and the fastest speeds.
Your duties will be wide ranging, but ultimately you will be responsible for:
- Develop and maintain Virgin Media Oracle ERP application ensuring the alignment of application with business and project requirements.
- Resolve small to medium issues and develop technical solutions working with the Functional SMEs
- Take ownership of the technical delivery of smaller scale Non Project Requirements.
- Ensure the solution designed and developed are within the guidelines of Virgin Media coding standards and Oracle Support.
- Ensure system issues are resolved on time and efficiently to meet the team’s deadlines.
- Provide routine production support through technical solutions
- Actively promote suggestions to automate, proactive or regular monitoring activity
- Actively develop and share knowledge of new technologies/products relating to Oracle E-business suite.
- Assist in construction and maintenance of ERP coding standards, technical documentation and test scripts.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with business end users, Functional SMEs and main stakeholders.
- Interact with stakeholders, customers and functional SMEs to design, implement and maintain security structures for delivered and customized Oracle ERP solutions.
Everyone in our Oracle team has a proactive approach to work, with a keen eye for detail and the ability to deliver to deadlines. If you join us as an Oracle ERP Developer we would want you to have:
- Significant experience in Oracle ERP/E-Business Suite development best practices, and Oracle ERP Applications development in at least three of the following areas
- HRMS, Payroll, Finance (AP, AR, GL), Projects, Supply Chain, Procurement, Advance Benefits
- Significant knowledge in Oracle ERP Technologies like
- SQL, PL/SQL, Java, OA Framework, Oracle Workflow, Oracle Apex, BI Publisher, Oracle Reports, Forms, Personalization, UNIX scripting.
- Excellent understanding and extended experience of the Approvals Management Engine (AME), and understanding of Oracle Multi-Org
- Strong knowledge in SQL/PLSQL and performance optimization techniques.
- Has experience working on wider implementation and change-led projects.
- Has experience in supporting and resolving incidents for Oracle ERP related applications.
- Practical understanding of delivery processes and methodologies. Demonstrates understanding of service concepts, and ensuring the customer is central to all IT activities.
Join and you’ll be part of the Virgin Media family. We’re a great place to work – and we offer impressive benefits too! You will get a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension, performance related bonus and, of course, discounts across Virgin Media products ad Virgin brands!
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77576736