Senior Systems Engineer
Senior Systems Engineer - Bristol
This is an exciting opportunity for a senior systems engineer within an industry leading defence firm based in Bristol. In this role, successful candidates will be provided with the opportunity to develop their existing knowledge and join a team which is a world leader in international cyber security. The successful candidates will join a specialised engineering team at the forefront of cybersecurity and dealing with high level international threats.
The right candidate should have the following:
- Demonstrable experience within a systems engineering role, preferably working in a secure environment.
- Scripting experience across a broad range of languages including either Python, Bash or PowerShell, focussing on automation and integration.
- Competent in the operation and administration of Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Experience using platforms such as Arcsight or Splunk
- An awareness of cyber security capabilities, and an understanding of enabling security lockdown controls to pass system accreditation.
- Experience of automation tooling / scripting such as Puppet / Python / Perl.
The team that the successful candidate will join are responsible for the systems engineering efforts across multiple active projects and bids and the candidate should be comfortable working on multiple lifecycle phases including architectural design, detailed system/subsystem design, implementation and customer facing testing.
This role will allow the candidate to develop their existing knowledge of systems engineering within cyber security. It will also provide access to cutting edge technologies with a company that is a leader in the defence industry. Innovative candidates will be given the freedom to create and test across a wide range of projects in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959527448