Java Technical Lead
You’ll be instrumental in the delivery of enterprise software projects across our client programs. If you’re highly technical, a great team player and passionate about improving delivery - then we want to hear from you!
As Technical Lead you will be responsible for implementation of large scale software solutions as the leader of an agile development team. As a team lead you will encourage and motivate the team as well as act as technical reference point for any issues they may have.
Our Technical Leads are far from just “great coders” – they work across all phases of large bespoke software development projects, knowing how to use formal methods and procedures to maximise the team’s success.What this role involves…
- Leading the technical work streams in the project – helping translate requirements into design, design into code, and code into fully tested releases.
- Working closely with our Technical Architects to contribute and realise solution designs and architectural objectives.
- Taking ownership of an agile development team and their outputs; ensuring all code is stable, bug-free and well designed.
- Getting hands-on - Although you’ll lead the team, you’ll still spend a good portion of your time coding (Primarily in Java)
- Assisting Project Managers with short & medium term planning, flagging any issues or risks as they become visible.
- Thinking through, understanding and applying broader issues and non-functional requirements (e.g. scalability, security, maintainability & performance)
- Mentoring developers in the team and reviewing their code
- Excellent Java knowledge with prior working experience of Jetty, Tomcat, Spring, & Hibernate
- Having a good understanding of architecture and design, different methods and their pros/cons and uses,
- Experience working with a wide range of platforms
- A collaborative approach to requirements analysis and solution proposition
- Strong Object Oriented design knowledge
- Experience working In an Agile based commercial environment,
- Team management experience
- Knowledge of test automation (eg. Cucumber)
- A passion for technology and delivery excellence
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77600801