Go Reply is the leading consultancy and Google Cloud (Enterprise) Premier Partner for Apps and Cloud, specialised in design and implementation of Google Cloud Platform architecture and building Google Apps based solutions and services. In particular, Go Reply offers services on Cloud Strategy and Migration, Cloud Applications Development and Cloud Service Management.
As the Database Administrator, you will be responsible for the performance, integrity and security of the Go Reply client databases. You will be involved in the planning and development of the database, as well as troubleshooting any incidents that occur in relation to the databases within the client base. Responsible for maintenance and performance of critical mySQL systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our client applications.
This is a â??hands-onâ? position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills. In addition to this you will be responsible for the development and sustainment of the client databases ensuring operational readiness (security, health and performance), executing data loads, and performing data modeling in support of multiple development teams. Must be capable of working independently and collaboratively.
- Â· Operate and administer client database systems of high availability and quality
- Â· Minimise database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Â· Provide proactive and reactive data management support to the Go Reply clients
- Â· Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
- Â· Establishing the needs of the client and monitoring user access and security
- Â· Monitoring performance and managing parameters to provide ensure the databases operate within the expected parameter for the client end users
- Â· Considering both back-end organisation of data and front-end accessibility
- Â· Constantly reviewing the physical design to meet system storage requirements
- Â· Ensuring that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly
- Â· Capacity planning and reporting to the clients on the operation of the databases
- Â· Communicating regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security;
- Â· Commissioning and installing new applications and customising existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose.
- Â· Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data
- Â· Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
- Â· Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Â· Maintaining data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act
- Â· Writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary
- Â· Controlling access permissions and privileges where required
- Â· Developing, managing and testing back-up and recovery plans
- Â· Working with project teams to produce database designs and operating procedures
- Â· Production of standard reporting suite for each client in regard to database operations
- Â· Deliver industry leading services supported by the Go Reply service model and detailed Policies/Process and Procedures
- Â· Acts as a customer advocate to ensure that Go Reply delivers to its contractual commitments for the operation of the databases for each client
- Â· Drive customer retention by building long term partnerships and delivery of Service Excellence
- Â· Build strong working relationships with key stakeholders both internally and externally
- Â· Continue to develop your knowledge and understanding of Go Reply, and Industry, products and services
Key Performance Indicators
- Â· Customer satisfaction for all services delivered and enhancing the customer experience for service delivery
- Â· Encouragement of staff to deliver service excellence, leading from the front
- Â· Motivated staff and delivery of service improvement plans to all customers
- Â· Delivery of â??best in classâ? service to Go Reply customer base on time and within guidelines
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Â· Excellent interpersonal skills, personally highly credible, strong influencing skills.
- Â· Politically astute with ability to prioritise according to need.
- Â· Analytical skills ability to monitor a lot of information and need to be able to think of solutions as problems arise.
- Â· Logical thinking ability to take code and data and turn it into logical patterns, so that it can be analysed.
- Â· Problem-Solving skills ability to come up with solutions quickly.
- Â· 3-5 yearsâ?? experience in the following:
- o Knowledge of database queries.
- o Knowledge of database theory.
- o Knowledge of database design.
- o Knowledge about the RDBMS itself, e.g. Microsoft SQL Server or MySQL.
- o Knowledge of structured query language (SQL), e.g. SQL/PSM or Transact-SQL.
- Â· Previous experience managing the support of ecommerce platforms â?? any experience of Hybris highly desirable
- Â· Broad appreciation of technology, covering basic infrastructure, networks, desktop principles
- Â· Excellent business focus, able to anticipate and respond to emerging trends
- Â· Exposure to leading cloud providers including AWS, or Google highly desirable
- Â· Project management (e.g software and hardware roll outs)
- Â· Min 2:1 Degree in IT or Business-related field
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959527290