An exciting opportunity to be part of a business that supplies quality garments to high street brands including Urban Outfitters, Topshop, etc. working on both jersey and wovens. This successful and developing business is looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic womenswear Garment Technologist.
• Understanding of seasonal trends, blocks and fabrics.
• Oversee the garment sealing process including attending fitting sessions with buyers, noting alteration and amendment instructions, checking sketches and trimmings and ensuring finished garments meet customer requirements
• Carry out fabric testing to ensure cloth is appropriate for the garment, quality is maintained, difficulties relating to fabric requirements are avoided and the cloth conforms to customer specifications
• Understand customer systems and processes from sealing to production
• Maintain up to date paperwork and schedules ensuring that the work of the department is fully documented and delivery dates are met
• Responsible for the fitting and sealing of garments from order stage through to Gold seal.
• Chase red seal and gold samples back from the factory in plenty of time for fit meetings
• Makes fit appointments with relevant customers at the beginning of every week
• Attend all relevant fit appointments
• Prepare garments for fit appointments…spec and check all to customer requirements
• Follow up and chase back comments and samples after meetings
• Work closely with the pattern cutters to ensure customer requirements are achieved accurately
• Dealing with factory and production queries
• Must be a good communicator with customers, factories and colleagues
• Must be able to manage their own time and workload and use own initiative
• Work well as part of a team
• Problem solver
• Strong knowledge of garment construction is essential, and able to communicate this with factories to ensure we get the best and most cost effective methods for every order