Senior Software Developer
Gendis work with the latest technologies in software and electronics in order to create highly intelligent, distributed systems, predominantly in the Security and Loss Prevention markets. We work with the IoT, cellular/mobile connectivity, and Cloud Infrastructure Service Providers (AWS), enabling us to create highly scalable networks of connected devices that interact with the real world.
Join our development team to design and realise cloud-based and distributed systems. You will be responsible for designing effective system architectures, supporting and maintaining our existing portfolio of products as well as contributing to the management of our long-term development roadmap.
Senior Software Developer role
- Perform coding to written technical specifications.
- Investigate, analyse and document reported defects.
- Perform maintenance programming and correction of identified defects.
- Create, document, and implement unit test plans, scripts, and test harnesses.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Contribute to best practice in software development and be willing to mentor more junior members of the team.
- Contribute to decisions regarding the overall architecture of our software platforms.
- Build productive relationships with colleagues and project stakeholders, both internal and external.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review
- BSC degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- An advanced knowledge of Java & Maven
- Advanced knowledge of software design patterns
- Advanced knowledge of Angular 2+, Typescript, HTML5 and CSS
- SQL (both MS SQL Server and MySQL)
- Experience of taking requirements and drafting technical specifications from them
- Good communicator, able to effectively interact with range of technical and non-technical colleagues
How to Apply
To play an important part with a growing company that are specialists in our field, click apply now.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959523428