Database Administrator (DBA) Newcastle, £35,000
Database Administrator (DBA), Newcastle, £35,000
Established in 2010 my client is an innovative UK market leading telematics company enjoying a period of organic growth. This requirement is a result of the business expanding and now requiring more streamlined systems, capable of handling the large quantities of data they receive on a daily basis. Naturally due to the continued success of this business, this position can offer the successful candidate a real platform to utilize a broad range of skills and be given the recognition for their hard-work.
Key accountabilities will include;
- Responsibility for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server systems to ensure the availability and consistent performance of corporate applications.
- Support database configuration including installing and upgrading software and monitoring relevant documentation.
- Contributing to the setting of standards for database objects and ensures conformance to these standards.
- Use database management system software and run optimisation tools on both enterprise and departmental databases.
- Leads in the completion of agreed database, maintenance and administration tasks.
- Ownership and management of 2nd line support queries: informing first line support of outcomes and solutions, maintaining documentation and knowledgeable notes.
- Support clients and colleagues on technical queries, maintaining responsibility for testing and bug management.
- Carry out Windows Server administration tasks as necessary to maintain database availability
- Extensive experience in taking ownership of databases in both Production and Non-Production environments
- Expertise in optimising the performance of large critical databases
- Acting as Level 3 support for Database related issues and will take the lead in analysing and getting to the root cause of database Issues
- It is very beneficial if you've had previous experience in an ITIL Environment
- Having the ability to communicate well is critical across all levels of the organisation and this will also include Senior Stakeholders
- You'll be successful in building productive and collaborative relationships across departments and with Partners.
- Databases: MySQL, MS SQL, PostgreSQL and other open source options
- Reporting and Analysis: MS SSRS
- Enterprise monitoring tools: Zabbix or other such as Nagios and Zenoss
- Public cloud platforms: Rackspace, Amazon or others such as Azure
- Application infrastructure: Microsoft Server, Microsoft SQL Server
- Scripting: PowerShell and SQL
- Operations: Understanding of ITIL, DevOps, Kanban and Agile principles
This client is looking to bring someone on board ASAP so if this looks like the role for you simply click apply or contact me directly at ******************************.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959524857