Retail Purchasing Planner
CMS Distribution are currently recruiting a Retail Purchasing Planner to join our team in London. As a Retails Purchase Planner, your mission will be to contribute to the continuous improvement of the purchasing, forecasting supply chain function, taking a proactive role in delivering the key objectives of the retail division which include, maximising customer service levels, optimising inventory levels and ensuring an efficient approach to the inventory planning process to hit targets and reduce stock holding costs.
Why work for CMS Distribution?
Here at CMS Distribution we see a future where everyone knows that CMS connects the best technologies to the smartest customer. We encourage remarkable people to exceed expectations through the relentless pursuit of service excellence and the delivery of the most innovative technologies to our customers.
To be a planning and forecasting expert within the retail sales operations team to ensure that any changes in demand or trend are identified and communicated in a proactive and timely manner to ensure that under or over stock is minimised.
Attending Customer and Vendor planning meetings to ensure there is an understanding of their business and a thorough review and qualification of customer intake and forecast plans, purchase order and history.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Analysing historical demand and trends, and using latest customer or market intelligence to construct a forecast that can be used to support the raising of Purchase Orders.
- Interpretation and validation of customer intake and forecast plans to ensure Purchase orders are raise in line with actual requirements and communicate with sales teams and sales management to ensure weekly updates of potential issues.
- Ensuring customer stock and sales reports are reviewed and any open customer or CMS purchase orders are amended as required to ensure customer or CMS is not over/under stocked.
- Completion of named customer stock planning and forecast documents on a weekly basis and ensuring all CMS systems (SAP/QV) are up to date and reflect the forecasted customer stock requirements.
- Highlight any retail stock issues in a timely manner to ensure that aged stock issues are kept to a minimum and ensuring timely identification on movement of surplus plant stock requirements.
- Attending Customer and Vendor planning meetings to ensure full understanding of requirements in support of the Purchase Order requirements.
- Generating and seeking approval of purchase orders, placement and progression of purchase orders.
- Proactively communicating up to date delivery and supply information through use of internal systems.
- Proactively working with vendors and customers to identify shortages of potential out of stocks. Taking and communicating appropriate actions and measures to minimise disruption to the business and to maximise customer service levels.
Why a career in London is right for you? Based in one of the most vibrant parts of London with the booming tech city scene at your feet. Cool Pop Up shops and restaurants, a vibrant street art scene and an amazing nightlife. The UK technology sector has never been so exciting to work in with new products transforming the way we work, play and live.
CMS Distribution have a stylish Worship Street office in London which is situated less than 10 minutes from Old Street and 15 minutes from Moorgate and Liverpool Street station it is a great location being in the heart of London?s tech city.
For more information on the position, package and benefits, please contact our recruitment team.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959525048