As a result of double-digit growth, a newly created position has arisen to lead their product development and systems engineering teams on the development of advanced metrology / analytical instrumentation tools. This is a strategic hands-on management role to support the company’s need to increase their capabilities in preparation for further growth and business expansion due to increased global customer demands. Please note this role is based in Oxfordshire / M4 corridor area, relocation can be provided for the right candidate.
As the Engineering Manager your duties will include:
• Leading and managing small engineering teams across the product life cycle and acting as the interface between physics, electronics and mechanical to develop, test and release improvements and new products.
• Providing people and project management as well as being hands-on, leading the product development of robust and reliable systems architecture and providing solutions to technical problems.
• Managing and mentoring multi-disciplined staff comprising of electronics engineers, mechanical engineers and systems engineers working to diagnose complex subsystem problems across algorithms, software, electronics, mechanics and optics.
To be a successful Manager you will have the following skills and experience:
• Demonstrable hands-on engineering and people management experience within a similar commercial business which develops complex mechatronic (ideally vacuum based) scientific capital equipment e.g. Metrology, analytical instrumentation, AFM (Atomic Force Microscope), SEM (Scanning Electron Microscope), surface analysis systems, semiconductor process tools or other scientific/life sciences related advanced instrumentation.
• Degree equivalent or above in a relevant engineering discipline mechanical, electronics or a science related subject ideally, physics.
• The ability to diagnose and fault-find to component level and read / understand electronic circuit schematics.
• Substantial working knowledge and detailed understanding of product life cycles.
• Strong people and project management skills.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77598328