Head of Internet Automation
Head of Internet Automation
Embedding DevOps to achieve Information Service Delivery Excellence in a World Class Institution
Competitive Salary and Excellent Benefits
Central LondonAs London’s Global University, UCL is engaged with the wider world and committed to changing it for the better. Recognised for its radical and critical thinking and widespread influence, it has an outstanding ability to integrate education, research, innovation and enterprise to address real world problems for the long-term benefit of humanity.Today, UCL is one of the world's very best universities, currently placed 7th in the world rankings and 3rd in Europe. With an annual income of £1.36bn (£530m of which is derived from the delivery of world class research), UCL continues to invest in providing a truly exceptional global academic experience for its 38,000 students, 12,000 staff and 200,000 alumni. ‘UCL 2034’ sets out the University’s strategic goals for its further development and investment in industry leading information services will be a key enabler. In response to this goal, UCL is pursuing an ambitious IT/business change programme to ensure that the University is able operate with increasing levels of sophistication, efficiency, agility and speed in all of its endeavours. The adoption of industry leading approaches and frameworks will be key to progress and this role will play a leading role in the introduction of DevOps in particular.With significant subject matter expertise in technology platforms and services, they must also be exceptional leaders, able to shape and develop a high-performing team of dedicated IT professionals whilst working collaboratively as a key member of UCL’s IT leadership group.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction for ITSD’s internet capabilities, leading UCL’s Internet and Automation team to deliver a range of operational infrastructure servicestoITSDandUCLcustomers. Services include web management infrastructure, DNS, on premise e-mail services, various certificate services, directories services, authentication services and technical application infrastructure support (e.g. load balancing, Shibboleth integration);
- Support the Shared Services General Manager and the wider ISD community in the adoption of ‘DevOps’ ways of working, leading on the strategy, design and implementation of automation within ITSD, specifically in automating service provision and management and the provision of application programmer interfaces (APIs) for internet and other services;
- Pro-actively manage this environment, decommissioning as appropriate as a means to drive standardisation whilst also managing on-going risks and costs as new applications and services are introduced;
- Provide coherent and inspiring leadership to a team of technical specialists. Build a proactive, high performance team culture, embedding an ethos of continuous improvement to deliver year on year service performance improvement;
- Form exceptional customer and stake holder relationships, providing exceptional support to a range of colleagues whilst managing expectations.
- Inspiring and improvement focused technology leader with in-depth technical knowledge and experience of the specialisms required for enterprise internet/web capabilities;
- Strategic and transformative manager of Internet and Automation services, able to rapidly assimilate new information technologies and employ them to solve business issues, whilst driving standardization to maximise efficiency;
- Experience of working in a DevOps environment, ideally having been involved in its introduction and success in a large-scale, complex business environment;
- Exceptional leader and developer of others, with a track record of having embedded a culture of continuous improvement;
- Exposure to some or all of the following technical environments in an organisation of comparable scope and complexity: Unix, Linux and/or Windows server administration experience, Apache, Tomcat and IIS web server technologies and administration and server virtualisation technologies;
- Experience of ITIL in end user IT operational environments.
This is a new role at UCL and therefore a fantastic opportunity to make a significant contribution to IT service delivery provision at an exemplary and ambitious university.
To apply visit our website via the Apply button, and for a confidential discussion about the role contact Stephanie Wilson (07880382745) of GatenbySanderson.
Closing date: 1st December 2017
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77584573