Network Support Engineer - Chester - Full Time - 3 Month Contract - £16 - £18ph umbrella
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Network Engineer to take up short term contract in Chester.
This role will involve delivering a professional service across the Cisco estate; monitoring and maintaining switches and routers for over 300 sites across Cheshire East and Cheshire West and some 200 schools throughout Cheshire.
Your duties and responsibilities will include;
- Standardising configuration using Cisco
- Deployment of configurations; zero touch deployment using APIC-EM and Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- Technical support; diagnosing problems and troubleshooting the entire estate, including our wireless access points, security appliances, and switches
- On-site manual replacement of hardware and recovery of redundant hardware
- Developing configuration templates and deployment procedures
- Fixing network outages, misconfigurations, and complex networking issues
To be suitable for this opportunity; you must have
- Experience in supporting and testing LANs, WANs, VLANs, and DHCP servers
- Experience installing and troubleshooting WiFi networks
- Experience with Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- Hands-on experience with Cisco network technologies including firewalls, routing/ switching, VLANs, and 802.11a/b/g/n/ac wireless
- Thorough comprehension of fundamental networking protocols including TCP, STP, ARP, Ethernet
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Networking certifications a plus: CCNA, CCNP CWNA
The rate for this position is £16 - £18ph umbrella. This position is available full time Monday - Friday 37.5 hours a week.
Additional checks will be required on application.
This role is based in Chester.
For more information on this opportunity and to apply please call Ali Worsfold at Excipion on ************ and email your CV to *********************.
STR Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959526704