IT Service Desk Apprentice
This is the UK's leading provider of insurance, travel, personal finance and healthcare products and services tailored to the needs of the over 50s.
Based in their Folkestone offices, you will be joining over 5000 members of staff across 5 sites.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to be part of the expanding and dynamic IT team within the Saga Group.
The Infrastructure Technician role is responsible for providing support to internal employees and customers, by using tools to problem solve and troubleshoot non-routine problems.
The apprentice will provide support to the IT service desk, assisting with problems and incidents that relate to the IT systems and infrastructure.
The Infrastructure Technician provides support when needed, rectifying issues to maintain the organisations productivity, assisting with the administration, support and maintenance of all back-office systems, servers and networks to ensure the successful running of all IT operations.
- The candidate will ensure we provide a single point of contact that is effective for first line IT services and provide excellent customer service to meet and exceed agreed service levels
- As part of the service desk team the successful candidate is responsible for request and incident logging and onwards management. This should be undertaken within agreed standards and processes while maintaining a clear understanding of the impact on the SAGA Group's services, customers and brand
- Ensure that all tickets are correctly logged, detailed, assigned and updated
- Provide day-to-day administration and support of Saga's hardware and software estate
- Adhere to best working practices, working within the security policies of the businesses whilst promoting those to our customers
- Undertake any other activity which is required by line management that is appropriate to the role and ability
- Where appropriate update 'One Knowledge' with useful hints and tips for problem solving
- Excellent analytical and investigative skills and a strong technical aptitude and ability to research and solve complex issues independently
- High level of organisation and attention to detail
- Possess the necessary skills for liaising with both technical and non-technical teams within Saga
- To act in a professional manner at all times, engendering a positive view of the department by those outside it
- Will need to manage apprenticeship course work in line with course requirements whilst meeting all objectives
- Quick and flexible learner with an aptitude for new processes, technologies and procedures
- Able to quickly understand areas of risk control
- Ability to quickly digest detailed and complex information
- Motivated and passionate about delivering quality work
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and listening across all business levels
- Logical and creative thinking skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and to take responsibility
- Can use own initiative
- A thorough and organised approach
- Ability to work with a range of internal and external people
- Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of situations
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above
- 20 days holiday
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Private medical and life cover after one years' service
- Annual company bonus
- Discounts on travel and retail outlets
- Parking on-site
"QA's Apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce."
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959530007