Project/Delivery Manager - MoD - Skynet
? Job Title: SKYNET 6A Project/Delivery Manager - 24404 - ISS
? CV Submission Deadline: Wednesday 16th November 2017 @ 11:45
? Daily Pay Rates: £405 - £540 UMBRELLA / £324.11 - £432.15 PAYE
? Hours: Daily 7.4 / Weekly 37
? Location: South West: Corsham: Basil Hill Site
? Contract Length: ASAP to 20/01/2018
? Security Clearance Level Required: SC
We are looking for Project/Delivery Manager with SC, experience of Skynet, the space industry & Satellites.
The SKYNET 6 Delivery Team is responsible for the sustainment and development of the MOD's strategic, worldwide communications capability from September 2022, when the current SKYNET 5 Private Finance Initiative contract expires. The SKYNET 5 PFI provides essential long-range communications services between the United Kingdom, deployed forces, military platforms and operational theatres worldwide. These resilient and reliable communications are delivered using a range of military and commercial solutions in space and on the ground. The SKYNET 6 Delivery Team is tasked with ensuring continuity of this required capability and it's future development to satisfy the ever increasing demand for long-range defence communications and to defeat the growing array of sophisticated threats.
To achieve this SKYNET 6 project has been split into three workstreams: SKYNET 6A satellite, Service Delivery Wrap and SKYNET 6 Enduring Capability.
The SKYNET 6A Assessment Phase which will use competitive tendering to select a preferred bidder for the acquisition of a UK sovereign military communications satellite to extend the Skynet 5 constellation out of service date to c.2028. The posts will be responsible for the management and delivery of one or more key activities in the Assessment.
Phases such as:
- Identification and development potential satellite options, analysis of these options in accordance with the agreed
- Concept of Analysis to determine the best value for money option to take to the market. Ensuring chosen option is fully documented.
- Proactive industry engagement ensuring timely and accurate information exchange between MOD and its agents with potential satellite suppliers. Increasing market knowledge and nurturing competitive environment.
- Development of a tender documentation pack that clearly articulates all of the MOD's requirements (commercial, technical, procedural, etc.) associated with the design, build, test
- Development of the Procurement Strategy and identify its goals, appropriate guidelines, price structures and payment terms.
- Management of the development of a detailed specification and supporting statement of work securing support from colleagues and specialists as necessary and ensuring the inclusion of appropriate performance monitoring criteria.
- Investigating the technical and commercial options for fulfilling the requirements, including identifying and engaging with potential suppliers, and agreeing the procurement plan with relevant stakeholders.
- Preparing and collating invitation to negotiate/tender documentation sets including developing rigorous tender evaluation and selection processes complying with government/MOD procedures to select suppliers which best meet the requirements.
- Negotiating with preferred suppliers to reach agreements that meet the requirements and are acceptable to both parties.
- An understanding of military satellite communications utilisation and specification
- A good knowledge of the space industry, to understand the various suppliers who can meet the detailed requirements of this complex, multi-million pound military communications satellite procurement project.
They should possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate within a complex, technical project environment, to ensure the MOD achieves the best price from suppliers. They will need to support MOD in developing strong working relationships both internally and with key suppliers and work closely with MOD Commercial to ensure the optimum contract management and commercial approach is adopted.
If you are a Project /Delivery Manager & meet the experience required above please call/mail me asap. Thank you.
James/Number 8 Resourcing Ltd
Please note the CV submission deadline.
Please don't apply if you don't have the experience or clearance!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959525654