Test Engineer - Automation - Java - London
Test Engineer A major organisation within the financial trading community seek to hire a Test Engineer for their algorithmic and quantitative analysis platforms. They require an experienced Lead Test Engineer to influence, shape and grow their testing initiative. The business unit develop global distributed products on a global basis. The Test Manager will be the focal point for all testing on a global scale, as the company expand so will their testing functionality and with that responsibility of the Test Engineer will develop on a global scale.
The main purpose of the Test Engineer position is:
- Influence and manage testing and quality assurance across the business.
- Introduce and improve automated testing functionality across the business
- Manage, hire and mentor an expanding testing team
- Be happy to work in a hands on capacity
- Review and refine testing processes and controls across the business
- Work directly with developers, business analysts and senior cstakeholders
- Reviewing and refining processes and controls
- Provide management information
The Test Engineer will need to have:
- Extensive experience testing software solutions within the full IT development life cycle.
- Hands on testing experience - automation testing
- Experience working within a Java environment
- Proven track record within the many areas of software testing, including the use of various industry recognised applications in support of that
- Able to manage and add experience to junior members of staff
The Test Engineer will possess the ability and drive to work independently without constant supervision and take ownership of projects. The Test Engineer will have a passion for testing with the desire to implement new ideas and technology. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Tester to be part of major player financial institution and assist with the growth of testing automation across the business.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77549575