Software Development Manager (3-6 months)
Software Development Manager 3-6 months - Nottingham
To £500 a day
In summary this is an interim Software Development Manager to join a global organisation undergoing a series of business transformation and change projects that flow directly into IT.
With 3 core projects across a high profile change programme, you will manage a small onshore team of Solution Designers and Testing Leads as well as the process/ownership and project success across an off shore based delivery model.
With 2 large teams (c40 heads in total) situated across 2 offshore providers you will need to be experienced in overseeing the following;
- Managing the success of the 3 concurrent projects throughout their onshore/offshore delivery cycle.
- Ensuring the delivery meets the original solution designs and testing requirements set from the on shore Leaders, and is correctly met by the offshore delivery partners.
-Ensuring the accurate governance is in place to maintain success of the onshore/offshore delivery model and that it achieves the 3 in flight projects inside date constraints.
- Manage with both a Development and Project Management view point (*PM resource is light while allocated to other change projects so it is necessary to bring these skills)
- Be happy to work in a fluid and dynamic way. Major business change simply doesn't allow for a through AGILE model to exist but a RUP SDLC is in place to allow project successes.
- Any understanding of GDPR, PCI and post acquisition change projects will definitely be an advantage.
This role will suits a strong Development Manager with good people management skills across project delivery, team dynamics, on/off-shore models and where governance and success is closely linked. It also requires a manager who is happy to work in a challenging environment undergoing change, especially one who can appreciate the dynamic this brings to both existing teams and project constraints.
This role is looking for swift interview and start dates, as such notice periods can not be considered.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959529063