As a Data Analyst, you will be responsible for delivering technical requirements within the team, providing analysis/recommendations, gathering/manipulating relevant data and managing the process through to delivery of insight that can be presented to the business.
The Client: An up and coming, medium sized, award winning challenger bank.
This Client does not provide sponsorship.
- Manipulating data sets, providing analysis and liaising with key stakeholders
- Effectively manage the data used within the team for the different business lines ensuring relevant governance and consistency
- Maximise the timely availability of management information.
- Advise business users on best methods of accessing resources and assist with the design of efficient reporting solutions.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders to increase awareness of performance and drive its uptake
- Keep on the forefront of developments in the data space and help grow the teams capabilities
- Participate in team discussions on a range of areas (quality, design, standards, peer reviews).
- Experience with analytical toolsets such as Python, R or SAS
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig
- Strong visual design skills in bringing insights to life
- SQL Server 2008/2012/2014.
- Strong technical experience in full Microsoft SQL Server stacks (SSAS, SSIS, SSRS).
- Experience with Big Data environments (Hadoop / HBase) advantageous
- Technical knowledge of Data Warehousing Methodologies
- Front-end reporting including SSRS, Power BI and SharePoint/PerformancePoint
- Knowledge and experience of industry best practice in comfortable applying advanced statistical approaches covering statistical modelling, machine learning algorithms, text mining, web analytics etc
- Analytical mind-set with ability to frame business requirements into analytical solutions and clearly explain technical details to non-technical audience
- Experience working with stakeholders and end-users to define, test, elicit and deliver technical and functional data and reporting solutions
- Degree in relevant subject
- Proficient in Microsoft Office especially Excel (manual VBA development)