Process Engineer (Continuous Improvement)
I am currently working on behalf of a large manufacturing company based in Sheffield who are now looking to recruit a Process Engineer to deliver rapid performance improvements across all manufacturing operations. This will be a days based position and my client are looking to speak with candidates who have a similar background skill set and based within the South Yorkshire / Chesterfield area.
Located in Sheffield, South Yorkshire my client are part of a much larger, and well established organisational. The company are renowned for enhancing your career and personal development so would like to identify ambitious, motivated, high calibre candidates who can grow with the organisation. This company works within the heavy, manufacturing sector but would consider other background experience.
As the Process Engineer (Continuous Improvement) you will report directly into the CI Manager and will be responsible for delivering rapid performance improvements across all the manufacturing processes and drive business performance improvement. You will be based at the Sheffield manufacturing plant, based in South Yorkshire but may have some travel if and when required.
- Generate Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) to monitor and analyse trends in process performance, and to identify new improvement projects.
- Carry out problem identification, root cause analysis, and resolution to improve product yield, quality and process control.
- Lead Single-Minute Exchange of Die (SMED) and Kaizen activities; facilitate 5S activities.
- Drive process improvement across the manufacturing processes.
- Deliver yield improvement and cost savings targets in keeping with business objectives.
- Drive continuous improvement across vacuum induction melting, casting and post-cast processes, to ensure best practice is achieved.
- Support other continuous improvement projects and process improvement activities across the site.
To apply for the position of Process Engineer (Continuous Improvement) based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire you will have a minimum of two year's background within a process / production / Continuous improvement role (manufacturing environment) and:
Key Technical/Professional Competencies
* Degree qualified in process, mechanical, chemical or manufacturing engineering.
* Conversant with working to DMAIC methodology within a Lean Six Sigma environment.
* Green Belt in Lean Six Sigma is advantageous.
* Computer Aided Design (CAD) or Solid Works is essential (Minitab is desirable).
* Flexibility, and capability, to work as part of a team or independently.
* Strong analytical ability including ability to monitor and analyse trends.
* Excellent communication skills - establish good rapport with all employees
* Excellent numeracy and IT skills, in particular Excel.
* Ability to manage multiple projects and deliver results.
* Good planning & organising.
For the position of Process Engineer (Continuous Improvement) the salary will be £30,000 - £36,000 on a days position.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959526831