Engineering Manager - Systemwide
Engineering Manager - Systemwide - Crossrail Project - London
Contract - Rate Negotiable depending on relevant experience.
The Purpose of the role is to support the Project Manager in the delivery of specific systems for the Crossrail Route Control Centre (RCC), Back-Up Control Facility (BUCF) and Rail for London Training Facility.
Principal Accountabilities ? Particular for Systemwide Issues
- Responsible for managing the delivery of design for the Route Control Centre, Back-Up Control Facility and RfL Training Facility and the co-ordination of designs by Systemwide Contractors (C610, C620 and C660) located in the facilities
- Responsible for managing the delivery of Engineering Safety Management, System Engineering and Design Assurance deliverables for the RCC, BUCF and RfL Training Facility.
- A Chartered Engineer or equivalent, with proven relevant multi disciplinary experience in a railway environment.
- Professional qualifications in electrical or mechanical engineering or an associated discipline.
- Experience in communications and control systems.
- A comprehensive understanding of the issues affecting railway systems and in particular the key interfaces and integrations of these systems during the design, construction, test / commissioning and operation stages of a railway.
- A good working knowledge of the UK railway industry and in particular the Network Rail design, development and assurance process.
- Knowledge of interoperability regulations and requirements.
- Good knowledge of construction planning and logistics.
- Experience in the management of leading consultants and staff.
- Excellent inter-personal skills with proven ability to work effectively as part of a multidiscipline management team.
- Excellent written and oral presentation and communication skills.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959523837