AP/Cashiers Processing Assistant
AP/Cashiers Processing Assistant
Job Ref 51017-6270
Closing Date 23/11/2017
Advertised Range (External) £18,000
Type Fixed Term Contract - Full-Time
Department Finance Location : City Eastleigh
The Accounts Payable (AP) & Cashiers functions provide a key service to AIL, AUK, Ageas Retail and other group companies
The key purpose of a an AP & Cashiers Processing Assistant is:
- Ensure that supplier invoices and staff expense claims are processed and paid accurately, in line with agreed service levels, and are approved in line with the company?s delegated expense authority matrices.
- That £2.0 billion of payments, lodgements and reconciliations are made accurately and in a timely manner. That all queries from customers (both internal and external) are handled in positive and pro-active manner
Main accountabilities and responsibilities of an AP & Cashiers Processing Assistant:
- To be a highly effective team member of the AP/Cashiers Processing team. Working with your colleagues fairly and equitably. Ensuring the delivery of your personal objectives
- To ensure that you demonstrate fair treatment of customers (TCF) and it is integral to your work. Provide consistent excellent customer service, ensuring queries are resolved politely, promptly and effectively.
- Ensure the prompt and accurate processing of all invoices and expense claims received, either manually or via the document imaging system; ensuring these are paid promptly in line with payment terms
- To assist with obtaining invoices for un-cleared items in the expense account bank reconciliation, as highlighted by the Cashiers team, to ensure all DD payments are matched to approved invoices within service levels.
- To ensure the 5 daily cheques runs are completed in line with SLA including the recording of issued cheque numbers and stock levels are maintained.
- To ensure that manual payments received from the business are processed accurately and approved in line with the various authority matrices and within the required payment date.
- To ensure all manual payments are processed accurately to JDE and AP payments are allocated to the correct supplier account.
- To ensure the complete and accurate lodgement of all cheque payments received.
- To assist with the unallocated cash queues ensuring all outstanding items are identified, followed through and appropriate action is taken to clear them.
- To ensure that all appropriate policies and procedures are followed ensuring invoices and payments are approved in line with authority matrices.
To ensure VAT is entered accurately following the VAT guidance provided by Management.
To ensure invoices are not duplicated to prevent duplicate payments.
- Be aware and support the delivery of the team?s metrics, KPI?s, performance against agreed SLA?s.
Identify and recommend to the AP/Cashiers Processing Team Leader opportunities to continuously improve the level of AP controls, systems and processes.
Job Context of an AP & Cashiers Processing Assistant :
The AP/Cashiers Processing Assistant is responsible to the AP/Cashiers Processing Team Leader for the day to day processing.
The AP/Cashiers department is part of the Finance Directorate of AIL and is managed by the AP & Cashiers Controller. The department is pivotal to the company?s and the wider UK group?s operations as it is responsible for the processing of all funds in and out of the business. There are a large numbers of transactions with many very high value items, so there is a constant requirement for accuracy and completeness allied to strong control, as errors could have a high impact.
The role has significant contact with internal and external stakeholders and customers and will ensure that all payments are processed in accordance with P&P?s. There is a need to build a partnership trust with the stakeholders and customers and to provide a quality service at all times. Continuous review of processes is required along with keeping systems and controls current to enable the function to meet future challenges.
The job holder is fully expected to contribute fully to the ?Finance community? and display the company?s values and instil them in the team.
Knowledge, skills and experience required as an AP & Cashier Processing Assistant:
- Knowledge and application of TCF outcomes
- Thorough working knowledge of the purchase ledger system (JD Edwards)
- Be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of VAT and the awareness of processing transactions accurately.
- Experience of shared service environments (KPI?s, SLA?s etc)
- Competent in Excel
- Excellent communication skills, written and spoken (ability to be diplomatic, understanding and firm)
- Good keyboard and numerical skills
- Positive and flexible approach
Here?s some of the perkz our people tell us they enjoy:
- Ageas pay and support in achieving the insurance industry recognised Chartered Insurance Institute qualification.
- Ongoing training is provided in helping support career development such as moving up the career ladder into senior and management roles or moving across functions into our support areas like IT, Marketing or HR.
- Starting with 23 days holiday plus bank holidays, the option is there to buy or sell 5 days holiday.
- Employees are able to pay for a car lease at a discounted rate through their monthly pay
- We offer a large range of health options like dental plans, healthcare plans, life assurance and free eye tests.
- Ageas double the pension payments that employees make.
- We have a wide range of wellbeing and social activities ? you?ll find a full calendar all year round!
- You can also receive childcare vouchers and enjoy discounts on Ageas insurance products and with a wide range of retailers.
- If you find getting to work costly, Ageas discount your bus travel and you can pay monthly
We're a leading provider of award-winning insurance solutions in the UK, distributing our Personal and Commercialinsurance products through brokers, intermediaries, affinity partners and the internet. We have two consumer brands ? Back Me Up and RIAS ? and partner with some of the nation?s most well-known brands, such as John Lewis, Age UK, Toyota, Virgin Money and General Motors. We?re also partners in Tesco Underwriting, providing home and motor insurance to Tesco Bank customers.
Insuring around five million customers and working with a range of partners, Ageas are recognised for delivering consistent and high-quality customer experiences. We employ around 4,000 people in UK based offices in Manchester, Stoke, Gloucester, Portsmouth, Bournemouth, Eastleigh and London
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959528566