Head of Engineering (Utilities Sector)
Head of Engineering (Utilities Sector)
The Head of Engineering will provide the management and technical leadership to deliver a successful business unit moving it from a small scale trials provider into a large scale global roll-out of combined hardware supply and service provision. Accountable for technically managing the team, and delivering the technology road map the Head will also be responsible for providing support to the sales and marketing teams.
The successful Head will be Passionate about engineering, IT, sales and marketing, with an interest in the utility sector. Experience working with pricing, invoicing, finance, budgets sales forecasting etc with engineering experience, preferably in monitoring and control
- Providing day to day management of the team of engineers and Project Manager
- Working with the Finance and Sales teams to maintain accurate budget, S&OP and accounts
- Responsible for working with the sales team to support all aspects of the bid winning process including technical and commercial support
- Lead engineers and technicians in the effective design, planning, development and delivery of all related projects, to production and quality control standards and to delight our internal and external customers
- Seek development opportunities and experiment with new approaches and practices to be an industry leader in the Smart Grid industry environment
- Accountable for demonstrating company behaviours and values; leading by example to ensure the team does the same.
- Coordinate work through effective collaboration with all parts of the Lucy Electric organisation
- Foster an environment that supports learning, individual development and openness to change.
- Manage the team resources by identifying key roles and talent gaps, developing personal development plans for internal talent to build strength within the business.
- Guarantee the delivery of the business strategy, by ensuring all team members have regular performance management meetings with their managers.
- Strive to improve the overall financial and key performance indicators of the business.
- The role will be based in Basildon, with travel to domestic and overseas customers and Lucy Electric sites.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Extensive experience of people and business manager with a proven track record of delivering results
- Good coaching skills, enabling the team to achieve growth, capable of supplying processes to enable the team to build their own skills in order to deliver business objectives and strategy
- Desirable professional qualifications in engineering
- Good proven commercial understanding and awareness
- Passionate about engineering, IT, sales and marketing, with an interest in the utility sector
- Experience working with pricing, invoicing, finance, budgets sales forecasting etc
- Engineering experience, preferably in monitoring and control
- Evidence of involvement in business development and the building of successful commercial relationships
- Strong communications skills
- Charismatic Leader able to influence others at all levels of the organisation
- Leads by example and inspires our people to do the right thing
- Articulates a clear vision for the future
- Coaches and empowers our people to build their own skills to deliver business strategy
- Cooperates and works across the organisation to deliver the business results
- Encourages challenge to foster new ideas and ways of doing things
- Gets things done and makes it easy for others to do the same
- Builds authentic, effective working relationships
- Values our culture and actively encourages sharing different points of view
- Is true to themselves and their own values, beliefs and convictions ? takes time to grow continuously
- Has a positive can-do attitude
- Communicates with clarity
- Openly encourages debate to achieve the best outcomes
- Open to giving and receiving feedback; identifies, coaches and develops future talent
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959526455