FLEET ENGINEERING MANAGER
Our Stoke based client are a leading contender in the Logistics and Transport industry. They are an award winning haulage operator running circa 60 vehicles and in excess of 100 trailers offering customers cutting edge solutions to facilitate the efficient distribution of palletised freight across the UK and Europe.
Our Distribution client provide a portfolio of services including:
Dedicated Groupage and Full Load Logistics - Own Fleet
Leading Edge Overnight Express Freight/Palletised Delivery Service
Warehousing and Storage Facilities with a Pick and Pack operation - On Site
A rare opportunity has opened for a new key player to join the senior management team in the capacity of Fleet Engineering Manager. They require a skilled individual who is able to harness modern technology, implement industry best practises whilst inspiring and leading a well-established vehicle workshop, consisting of a team of technicians. As the Fleet Engineering Manager for their business you will ideally have a degree in a relevant subject with previous "time served" experience and can demonstrate your capacity in similar roles.
They require an individual who has extensive experience of running a busy vehicle workshop and providing support across areas of the business using your engineering experience. They are looking for a true leader who adds value across all facets of the Distribution and Transport Operation for our family business.
They are looking for someone with a proven track record of working on the front line in a similar business and thoroughly understands the dynamics of an in house vehicle workshop and has progressed through various roles to the senior position we are looking for today.
The successful applicant will enjoy a great starting salary and a progressive career with excellent financial rewards.
- Overall responsibility for the vehicle workshop including servicing, MOT prep and budget management
- Manage the OCRS to ensure our fleet remains at the forefront of safety and road worthiness
- Manage business equipment for the safety of staff and customers including but not limited to LOLER, calibration of equipment, hydraulic ramps etc
- Purchasing workshop consumer items
- Extensive knowledge including vehicle and industry legislation and well trained on the HGV inspection/testers manual
- You will be responsible for vehicle and trailer asset purchasing relevant to their application for the business
- Purchasing fuel and managing the fuel suppliers
- Manage supplier and stakeholder relationships effectively, tactfully and commercially including of outsourcing vehicle servicing and maintenance where required
- Forecast industry changes and react where required whilst implementing correct course of actions
- Reviewing workshop performance and ensuring delivery of key financial targets
- Development of the existing staff including talent mapping, motivating and personal development
- Provide cover in exceptional circumstances in the department
- Further improve and develop the vehicle workshop ISO Systems
- Undertaking review of staffing levels and initiating the recruitment and performance management process
- Provide Weekly and Monthly KPI Reports to the Managing Director and Senior Management team where required
- Drive department changes where required to enhance and develop our infrastructure
? Excellent IT Skills
? Excellent decision making skills, a high level of initiative and able to prioritise problem solve
? An excellent commercial understanding of vehicle costings and resource management
? A good ability to learn new IT Platforms and operate proficiently across various software
? Prior experience in a similar role is essential
? The ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
? Works well under pressure and is still able to inspire and lead a team of fitters
? The ability to work as part of an integral team
? Excellent time keeping, flexibility and attendance is required
The client is looking for a Leader who embodies our values and consistently strives for excellence,. They want a creative and commercial thinker capable of delivering financial targets
You will need to be innovative and passionate in the way you develop and deliver values to teams and personal development of staff
You will also need to hold a current National CPC License
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959528664