Engineering Product Manager
To lead the sustaining engineering organisation, ensuring that customers and production operations are fully supported in order to improve customer satisfaction, service levels & efficiency and to reduce costs for the business
Duties & Responsibilities
- Health & safety: To ensure the health & safety of all employees leading by example, ensuring that the work areas comply with all necessary health and safety regulations applicable to that area; and to ensure that product health & safety requirements are upheld to the highest levels at all times
- People development: Recruit, develop, motivate, train, support and coach sustaining engineering staff to encourage the highest standards of performance from all employees. Be a champion for Business Excellence and Project Excellence.
- Deliver the short term (: Create and then deliver sustaining engineering plan to target. Ensure that engineers and technicians have clear, visible, deployed plans and visible KPIs relevant to their area, relating to on time project delivery, quality, cost and customer satisfaction.
- Product design. Provide peer review and technical support to sustaining engineers and work seamlessly with R&D to ensure that all sustaining engineering activities meet all appropriate design and development standards.
- Customer satisfaction. Deliver high levels of customer satisfaction by agreeing priorities, providing clear progress reporting, and delivering projects / improvement activities to the required levels of timeliness, quality and cost. This will be achieved by (a) managing the weekly relationship with Partner Technology businesses and (b) managing appropriate relationships with stakeholders
- Sustaining Engineering Processes: Ensure that appropriate R&D and Operations processes associated with sustaining engineering are periodically reviewed and improved where appropriate
- Compliance: Generate and review design history file documentation in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), Quality System Regulations (QSR), International Standards Organisation (ISO) and company PDP requirements throughout the project life cycle to ensure the design is fully documented. Adhere to the standards of behaviours, policies and procedures as laid out in the employee handbook.
- Relevant degree in mechanical engineering or related discipline
- Excellent Project Management ability
- Excellent ability to manage customer relationships
- Good understanding of R&D in the context of medical devices or similar products
- Good understanding of Design for Manufacturing requirements
- Ability to coach, lead and manage a team.
- Excellent report writing, communication and presentation skills
SCOPE & DIMENSIONS OF THE JOB
- Direct reports: Engineers, Contract Engineers and Technicians
Annual spend is project/improvement activity dependent, up to a value of ~£500k
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959524273